Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
There is another short story of Geralt (Spellmaker) translated into English in the book A Polish Book of Monsters , translated by Michael Kandel. I really enjoyed the whole book of stories actually, so if you are eager to read anything Geralt in English, grab that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funakupo
May 9, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Riding boots with heels, even some high heeled, are extremely common in almost every country. I also don't understand the complaint about wrong shoes on Ciri/Yennefer is representative of fantastical or even partially realistic setting. Current and historical fashion show otherwise.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

Oven Wrangler
the babby neglects to state he likely watched the trailer on his little phone screen complete with smudge marks everywhere, but no he definitely was able to clearly delineate variance in quality in loving trailers and deduce it couldn't be a number of other things in the delivery pipe to his viewing affecting quality.

How does one measure feedback when majority of those who are ok and understand things like delays remain silent?

funakupo
May 9, 2006

Oven Wrangler

GrossMurpel posted:

Yeah I'm not debating that, I'm simply saying it's silly to say the quality of a texture compared to the rest of the game is influenced by your screen resolution.
Sorry, I just love arguing details for no reason.

That is not what I said. Please argue your points within the confines of my statement. I did joke about a fingerprint smudged mobile phone viewing but I then stated it was the guy then jumping to the conclusion that the game was modified in any way intentionally to produce what he saw--I was mocking his powers of deduction. If there are visible texture differences between 2 videos of a game, then that is just that-- it is just an observed difference. There is not enough information to determine anything beyond that observation. There are so many points that could have introduced the issue observed in a video that have nothing to do with the development of the game. There literally is no evidence of a problem within the game itself. When there is actual evidence, then we can discuss the impact of said texture change.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Kraxxukalf posted:

http://www.gollancz.co.uk/2015/01/gollancz-acquire-three-more-witcher-novels/

It'll be a long wait for the last two books, but at least they're on their way.

Thanks for this, this led me to Amazon UK which already lists sword of destiny preorder

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sword-Destiny-Andrzej-Sapkowski/dp/1473211530/

funakupo fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 26, 2015

• Locked thread