Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Trying to get into fishing again now that I'm in my 30s and haven't fished since childhood. I'll be bank fishing in north Texas, and have these three combos: Shakespeare Sigma LX35 spinning reel with 6.5' rod, Zebco 33 combo, and a Johnson Century 100B DLX and a new Bass Pro house brand 6' rod.

How can I figure out how much line I need to get to load on these, they've been sitting empty for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I've never caught a big carp, but in Texas they say they like to eat corn.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Damnit, I keep losing lures from being bad at tying knots. I tossed a Jitterbug to the moon last night after my trilene knot came undone.

What am I doing wrong? Thinking about switching to a slip knot.

JUST MAKING CHILI fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 21, 2016

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Enigma posted:

Are they breaking or coming undone? If the latter, you may not be tying it right or maybe you're not closing it enough. For mono, it helps to spit on the line so it slides tight without causing abrasion damage.

Just came undone. I guess I'm never t tying tight enough. I do lick it though, remembered that much from my childhood. I guess I'm just not pulling down tight.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I'm using 6 lb stren mono, and for whatever reason my wife's lures never come loose, just mine. I think it's because she doesn't cast very hard and I try to chunk lures all the way across the lake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
My wife just told me that for my birthday she got me a guided tour on Lake Texoma. 7 hours or bag limit, I just need to bring myself, the guide provides everything else!