Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spigs
Jun 5, 2008
Finally got out fishing yesterday for the first time this year. I live 2 minutes from the Charles river so it's nice and convenient. Got completely skunked, one nibble but no real hits, oh well, I brought the dog and enjoyed some time by the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spigs
Jun 5, 2008
So for my birthday the other day my gf got me a new surfcasting rod and some tackle and took me down to Race Point on the tip of Cape Cod! No bites other than a crab that latched onto the sand eel I was using for bait but still a great day with her. Sadly my phone fell in the parking lot so the pics of the new gear are temporarily lost but I'll post them asap and I'd love to hear if the gears any good. I'm relatively new to this and all I can say is I like it!

Spigs
Jun 5, 2008
So after borrowing an old rod that was at my parents for the last year or so my fiance got me an Ugly Stik GX2 rod and reel combo. I already had a decent bit of tackle so I'm set there, any tips or tricks for the rod? General reviews? I'm still relatively new to this, fishing for bass or whatever bites in MA along the Charles and local ponds way out in the suburbs. I'll be fishing from shore for now so any general advice is appreciated.