Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Caught like 20 striped bass today in the cape canal, including a 30 incher for me and my brother in law. It’s like cheating out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
caught two stripers this morning on the beach and I think a seal took a third off me. thought about fighting him but the sharks will be here soon to carry out swift justice for me

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
There are like 14 miles of canal to fish and this mfer stood right next to me and cast over my line 4 times. im just trying to relax and fish man

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

titties posted:

spend less on rent

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
its 4:45am and im once again fishing the cape canal and i just watched two 60 year old men get into a fistfight over a spot. this poo poo is ridiculous, i better catch a 40 inch bass to make up for it

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
live update: the guy next to me hooked up and u shaped his rod and it snapped in half. im bad at fishing but maybe so is everyone

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
landed a 35inch striper and got tail slapped so hard in the face it might bruise. worth it, felt like a white shark when it hit my popper

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

LingcodKilla posted:

What’s your slot size?

28-35", assuming thats not regional slang for something else. I put that guy back in the water because it was just such a cool fish I didnt want to kill it

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I really love hearing people say things like this. Seeing those pics of the Florida catch getting smaller and smaller seriously fucks with my memories of handling fish poorly over the years.

https://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2014/02/05/257046530/big-fish-stories-getting-littler

This makes me really sad. Thank you for sharing it

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
That’s really awesome!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Stole this guy from a seal. 28”, set home free but I’m pretty sure one of the 300 seals on the beach got him after

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I like my baitcaster for sightcasting or when I’m trying to hit very specific spots and then I have a huge spinning setup for bombing home runs into the wind on the beach without having to worry about a backlash

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I’m going fishing today. I hope the forums don’t die before I can give a fish report

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

nut posted:

I'm asking if if it's cool to call big fish you catch, "honkers", and I'm hoping you'll tell me.

It’s good

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

nut posted:

Good thread

What’s a good name for small fish?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

nut posted:

May I propose a squeaker