Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Love this thread, tight lines everyone if the forums go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Thanks man. I've never used discord but looks like it's time to learn

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Awesome

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
We caught one chunky whiting and one dink this morning. By we I mean my son did. I didn't catch a drat thing. Rain and heat have killed the surf bite here for now.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Years ago a friend went Humboldt squid fishing and gave me a few 4x8" steaks. I did them hibachi style and it's one of my most memorable meals. Just big honkin slabs of squid, rice and veggies. I didn't do the little volcano with the onion thing though, big fail on my part.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Went out last night before dusk and this bastard came out of nowhere and drove us out

There was lightning and we were on a beach using ten foot surf rods in four foot holders. No thanks!

Went back this morning and caught no end of dinks but no keepers either. Tons of sand fleas for bait though. One rake scoop was enough bait for the whole time.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Dik Hz posted:

100% agree. Yale Sards are the best place to pick up used fishing gear. I got a great pair of fishing boots for $2 that carried me for 2 years.

Check thrift shops as well as craigslist for people clearing out garages.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
If you fish salt water remember to always rinse your gear when you're done or the the next time you use it it might not work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Bamboo is a blast. I have a banty and a 8.5 6wt. These days they are relegated to small mouth in retention ponds, but man what fun