Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
It's been years since I've fished and I don't remember anything, but the couple times that my wife and I went last year were a blast for both of us so I'm looking for some tips:
We've got a lake full of panfish that's about 30 feet at the deepest but around the edges is anywhere from 1 foot to 5 feet, with some stands of weeds and downed trees. My wife loves catching bluegills, what should we do in order to get good sized ones? Most of the ones that bite are tiny and we end up throwing them back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

WTF BEES posted:

small jigs/spinners at around 1/64 to 1/32oz in size.

Do you mean a spinnerbait with an arm or something else? I'm kicking myself for becoming a big dumb nerd and not fishing for over a decade because I've forgotten it all now :(

bongwizzard posted:

A guy a met out here was singing the praises of a scaled down dropshot rig for large bluegills.

Something like this(but presumably using a smaller hook)?

edit: hurfdurf here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhQA8dP9b9E

I am not a book fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 17, 2016

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I can get access to a canoe/kayak so I might try casting from shore and jigging. My main problem is that there are millions of like 1/4 lb sunnies that seem like they hit everything, it's hard to keep bait in the water long enough.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

That water source needs a bass implant. Sounds like you got a case of the stunties.

Try bass fishing instead? Preferably with lures near the size of the suns.

Well poo poo I guess I can try that, didn't even occur to me. They don't stick close to shore do they?

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

This is a question for a more dedicated bass hunter than me. I am but a bass amateur.

Ask me about shallow water lingcod on the central Cali coast.

a bassmateur

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
Wife called me up at work yesterday: "Baby, let's go fishing this evening."
Went out after work, got our licenses, and then hit the lake. She managed to drag in a few nice sunnies but I was going for bass with a silver spoon and got absolutely no bites. Great time though!

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
:3: drat, gonna have to steal that one next time we don't catch anything!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

What's the target, what bait/lure?

goons;opinions about circumcision