Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Caught my first fishes of the year today. 3", 4", and 6" Bluegill, and a couple of 8" Yellow Bullheads. The friend I was with got two Bluegill at 3" and 5", and a 7" Largemouth.

It was good to spend a couple hours doing nothing with a line in the water, even better to actually catch something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I'm not a great fisherman, probably not even a good one, but there are so many tiny Bluegill in my pond that as soon as you toss anything into the water there is a tiny Bluegill there to grab it. Out of 35 Bluegill caught here is a random sampler and the only one over 4":

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

TheDon01 posted:

Well those are just adorable, how well do they keep in aquariums? I had a crawdad growing up for almost 2 years that I bought at an Asian market for like 50 cents.

As a someone who both fishes and keeps aquariums, Bluegill are massive bastards. Fun to keep, but they will destroy fish you'd think would be able to hold their own.