Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Suspect Bucket posted:

But you still got one keeper :3:

My wife loves to fish...but only for about 45 minutes then she's ready to call it a day. She has me bait her hook and take the fish off...but trust me I am in no way complaining. It feels manly and romantic as crap helping my wife with stuff like that, and the fact she likes to fish PERIOD is so cool it's not even funnny. We've got a kid on the way and I can't wait to take her/him fishing with us sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

LingcodKilla posted:

I skimmed that as fishing on her period and I thought well it does have a calming effect on me.

I took my wife on a Hawaiian deep sea trip and she landed a 35lb dorado then made fun of me for years because the first and only fish she ever caught was bigger than my personal record at the time and for a good while after.

Haha the word period does stand out there, maybe not the best use of caps haha.

Wives have got the magical ability to do that for sure! If you put a Snoopy pole baited with a fraction of a worm in my wife's hand she'll somehow land a 15 pound bass or a 25 pound catfish without even trying.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

The Mandingo posted:

Damnit, I keep losing lures from being bad at tying knots. I tossed a Jitterbug to the moon last night after my trilene knot came undone.

What am I doing wrong? Thinking about switching to a slip knot.

My Grandpa taught me how to tie fishing knots with a huge eye bolt and a piece of rope and it's stuck with me to this day. I usually do the classic fisherman's knot sometimes with a square thrown on it for extra turbo protection but it's served me well.

Seeing all these pics of badass huge fish has me really really wanting to leave work today...but oh well. I'm dying to post some pictures of the (not) huge bluegill or catfish I usually catch but I need to get out there to be able to do it. Come on weekend, get here already! :D