Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005
You got me a gunrack?!? I don't even own a gun, let alone alone enough to nessecitate an entire rack.
So how safe is it to eat your catch? My brother is taking me fishing in a couple weeks and after checking out the IDNR's website (http://tinyurl.com/8a2r2qf) I'm a little :tinfoil: about PCBs and chlordane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005
You got me a gunrack?!? I don't even own a gun, let alone alone enough to nessecitate an entire rack.
Anyone have any recommendations for websites for learning different types of rigs? So far my repertoire consists of bobber/sinker/hook and that's it.

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005

Dik Hz posted:

The classics are the classics for a reason! :)

That being said, ask locally or post your location/species here. You've got to give us more to go on.

The areas around Chicago, IL. As far as I can tell from the IDNR's website, the local Species are walleye, pike, bass, crappie, channel cats, some muskie and various panfish.

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005

fps_bill posted:

Can anyone recommend a better knot. I lost a decent catfish Sunday because my clinch knot decided to slip and come apart.

Have you been wetting the line with saliva? I haven't had that knot come undone since I've started doing that.