Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Tiger, tiger, burning bright
I am having a bit of a convenience issue using my atv3 at the moment. I have a slower internet connection but I would like to view 1080p/hd content for a movie when I arrive home late in the evening and I don't have 2 hours to buffer. If I purchase/rent on my ipad2 and download while I go about my day at school will I be able to AirPlay 1080p/hd content when I get home?

I really just need to reiterate that the aTv experience has been amazing. The free iTunes content is validating enough; I picked up a planet earth series episode from Starbucks the other day and it looked gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Tiger, tiger, burning bright

haveblue posted:

Yes, you can airplay any iTunes content from any device authenticated to the same iTunes/Home Sharing account.

Also keep in mind that if you start the two-hour buffer on the ATV and then leave it alone, it will wait for you to manually start playback when you get home after it finishes the download.

My concern is will the iPad2 playback 1080p content or 720p? Is 1080p an iPad3 only feature based on the upgraded hardware?

• Locked thread