Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Can anyone tell me how to re-arrange the home screen on an ATV2 5.0.1 JB? I can't seem to find a solid guide or walk-through. I have XBMC running on both my systems now and would like to tweak the Apple menu layout a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Ah, drat. Okay, thanks for the confirmation.

Next, can anyone share a nicely configured joystick.AppleRemote.xml to make my Harmony (550) remotes work super-slick? They are working now in simplest terms, but I'd like to milk a little more functionality than just UDLR/select/menu/play buttons.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
But if you don't have AFS shares, XBMC works just fine. A JB'd ATV2 with XBMC is superb for a great deal of users (Mac concerns not withstanding).

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
^Good point.

On a related note, one of my ATV2s running the latest iOS JB stopped working today.

It boots to the ATV menu, and it gets the internet feed so it shows the latest Top Movie lineup. The front light flashes when a remote command is sent (tried with four different remotes) but it won't allow me to actually navigate the menu, let alone select XBMC.

It responds to SSH and WinSCP. Any suggestions other than to restore and re-JB it?

Edit: Sorry, disregard. It just needed to re-pair the Apple remote and now all remotes, Harmonys included, work again.

Tapedump fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 4, 2012

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Well, it'll be all over this thread, with a renamed OP certainly, for starters. Or, the Firecore blog http://blog.firecore.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Yeah, any old IEC 60320 C8 cord will do. Just make sure it's non-polarized (your ATV's aren't, don't worry)

• Locked thread