Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
AirParrot and Beamer do not do the same thing. Beamer will convert and play any video you specify whereas AirParrot will AirPlay over your entire display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
The Aziz .mov plays perfectly fine for me via home sharing without any conversion. I think they released an updated .mp4 version on his site though.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Definitely agree with the PS3 interface being better, especially since it will autoplay TV episodes for you. I use my AppleTVs because they use almost no power and are dead silent.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Beamer is very, very good and I wish something like it existed for Windows.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

Acrolos posted:

Is there a way to get access to all of the most current apps (most notably the new WWE app) without updating the Apple TV 2? I'm currently on 5.0.1 and it's been really stable for me for a long time, so I was hoping for some kind of workaround.

Acrolos posted:

Is there a way to get access to all of the most current apps (most notably the new WWE app) without updating the Apple TV 2? I'm currently on 5.0.1 and it's been really stable for me for a long time, so I was hoping for some kind of workaround.

Just curious- Are you jail broken? Is there any other real reason to not update other than that you don't really want to?

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
1080p video is the biggest difference.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
One month free trial too. Prettay cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Yeah I called HBO earlier to ask about sign in issues and the guy just told me overwhelming demand crushed their servers. I don't watch Game of Thrones but I want my Silicon Valley, drat it!

• Locked thread