Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
I was very excited at the idea of picking up Mountain Lion today so that I can push movies straight from my iMac to my ATV3. However, I'm reading that AirPlay won't work on any macs without a Sandy Bridge processor... which sucks as I have an early '09 Mac.

Are there any other alternative options for pushing media straight from my desktop to ATV3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
Does anyone have any recommendations for programs that will remux MKV files to be aTV compatible? Preferably something can drag in meta data at the same time would be nice.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

The ratings/comments seem to be swaying back and forth pretty hard. Can anyone vouch for it? I see that it's goonmade but that doesn't mean a lot to me. If I'm going to drop money on an app I'd at least like to see some better opinions of it.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
Is anyone even attempting to jailbreak the ATV3 anymore?

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
I bought Magic Media Marker so that I could have files automatically remuxed once they hit a certain folder, but I can't get the drat thing to remux anything. It will convert like Handbrake, which takes forever, but not remux.

Am I doing something wrong or is the program broken?

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
How difficult is getting plex set up for someone with no experience in router port wizardry stuff? Does it even work anymore with the recent update?

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

Martytoof posted:

Man maybe it's my phone then but the appleTV remote app is pretty buggy in my experience. I've had it start typing and then it just constantly repeats (on screen) what I've already typed as if it's trying to sync the text but not clear what was there already. It's hard to articulate since I pretty much gave up on the remote app but I'll have to try to capture the problem now. Used to be really prevalent when I last used the remote a while back.

This happens to me all the time in addition to the touch controls being hella finicky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

But will it be locked behind a plex pass membership during the "review period" for over a year like the app on the Xbox one?

• Locked thread