Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

LitigiousChimp posted:

It's a little weird, but when I go back into the episode list for whatever TV series I'm watching it acts like I didn't watch the episode I just finished and it wants to play it again.

This has been happening to me and it's driving me nuts. Anyone come up with a fix?

I also have some mystery 'unwatched' badges in Hulu's favorites section, even though clicking on the show reveals no I watched episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Minidust posted:

My girlfriend has an Apple TV at her place, and I'm wondering if I can sign into my Netflix account over there. If I already have Netflix on my own Apple TV, is that gonna cause problems? Watching stuff at the same time shouldn't be an issue, since I only really use Netflix when I'm with her. So it'd be nice to have my account active on both ATV's, but I'm not sure if there's some cumbersome re-authorization process involved or if it's even doable in the first place.

Nope, I've done this and it works just fine. Netflix even allows you to watch from two devices simultaneously on one account (last time I checked.)

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Is this a Windows PC? I have this happen constantly with iTunes on Windows.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Frustratingly, I have this happen while using an Airport Extreme.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Make an appointment at the nearest Apple store for your baby.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
FYI for you guys having trouble with 5.1: apparently the last Apple TV update broke something to do with Dolby (possibly only in the 3rd party apps?). I was so annoyed by 5.1 not making it to my receiver (a Denon E300, funnily enough) that I called Netflix to ask why it wasn't working - 5.1 support for the Apple TV is advertised on their site, after all. The Netflix rep that I got said it was a known problem and that they're working on a fix for it. The rep didn't know at specifics, or if the fix would be Netflix or Apples.

After the call I searched around for recent posts about the ATV and Netflix 5.1 issues and I found a handful of threads with people posting the same problems after the recent update - and even a few others that heard from Apple or Netflix that a fix is in progress.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
I also have that problem with one of my ATVs - in addition, sometimes my ATVs show up twice in my AirPlay list (once with their name, and once as "Apple TV" and "Apple TV-LC" which has no correlation to their names.) Airplay has also been flakey - one of the ATVs won't airplay video, etc etc.

I think there are some bugs Apple needs to work out with the last ATV update.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
I haven't caught up yet, was there any mention of multiple users? One of my biggest complaints with the Apple TV has been that apps like Music, Photos etc all are tied to my account. I'd like my wife to be able to listen to her music library and not have it effect my recommendations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bass Bottles posted:

I hate having to push the on button, swipe right, input my passcode, click the remote app, and wait for it to load every time I want to hit one button, like pause.

This. I really wish the phone would detect if an aTV (or anything remote controllable) was on the network and put a shortcut for the remote app on that tray you can slide up from the bottom of the phone, even in the lock screen.

• Locked thread