Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Kenderama posted:

FYI, Seas0npass is updated.

http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605

And in case any of you have a PITA time getting into DFU mode like I usually do:

drat, I wish I saw this post sooner. I was struggling with the jailbreak for a while tonight. Listen to this man, unplug the power cable after the DFU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Moeru posted:

I'm not sure where to ask. Would there be interest in a megathread on eliminating TV and using things like Hulu\Netflix\aTV? If I get a couple of yes answers, I'll start drawing up the thread with all the information I have

Yes.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

golgo13sf posted:

I got rid of cable a few months ago and haven't looked back.

Between my ATV2/XBMC, Netflix and iTunes I have no reason to miss it. That will change come football season I'm sure, but I can go to any bar for that.

If you are an out of market fan then you are in luck with the NBA and MLB apps for the AppleTV and 360 since you don't have to deal with local blackout restrictions. I have to keep basic Comcast cable for my semi-local team.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Whenever a new format comes out all I hear is Tommy Lee Jones:

"Guess I'll have to buy the White Album again"

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

XBMC has always been my go to for playing MP3s. The Library mode is tremendous but I have had some issues with some thumbnails. Import in your collection and try it out.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

rivetz posted:

Yeah, this was a snap to set up, and is better than what I had before (jackshit), thanks :).

Follow-up question: my collection is organized in folders by genre; possible to shuffle by folder? I can only seem to shuffle one album at a time. Can this be done via an addon etc, something that brings more flexibility to the player, allowing shuffle by artist or genre, instead of just at the album level?

Try Party Mode. I think that's the full shuffle mode.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

I won't believe any jailbreaks until Star War Sex Parrot dunks a new one on this thread.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

So before I blow away my current Frodo install let me ask you all a question. It appears, that I have to install Eden, enable Library mode for both Video and Music and then update to Frodo. Right now I have Frodo but I can only have Library mode on for Videos. Is there anyway I can enable Library mode for Music without blowing everything away? Library Mode button is there but I can't select it.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Kenderama posted:

I guess I really never noticed much slowness - or if I did, i ignored it. :) I am just happy xbmc will play anything I throw at it without requiring a server like Plex.

Yeah it's perfect for me. XBMC, Netflix and NBA League Pass all in one spot. I had a mp4 chug away in XBMC, threw it into iTunes and it played fine over Appletv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Yeah that feature is awesome. Have my TV remote working for it since my lovely Apple remote is garbage or that it's jailbroken and hosed up some voodoo poo poo on it. Whatever!

• Locked thread