Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tonic
Jan 4, 2003

smackfu posted:

I use IVI for this. It also converts to right format if needed. $10 in MAS (used to be $4!)

This is pretty neat!

Has anyone figured out an automated way to have files added to iTunes when they finish in SABnzbd? Seems like most things are released as .mp4 now anyway, so they could be added without conversion. Automated Sickbeard -> SAB -> iTunes -> watching on ATV would be pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Legdiian posted:

If you are looking to AirPlay something other than files in iTunes you could try this : https://www.airparrot.com

As a disclaimer, I have never used this but I did find it with Google.

Wow. Just tried this and I'm blown away. My 2009 i7 iMac can easily airplay 1080p mkvs as well as HD flash streams to my atv3 with this. Easily worth the $10.

Edit: works with my boxes box in the other room as well, awesome.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Just got a new update. Noticing "SUPER HD" on Netflix now. Hopefully they implemented the feature where it auto-plays the next episode as well. Maybe I'm behind the times on updates though.

EDIT: Nope, still have to press like 8 buttons to move to the next episode.

tonic fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 3, 2013

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

priznat posted:

Full 1080p Netflix if you are on select ISPs: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2024447/netflix-offers-super-hd-streaming-to-cablevision-gogle-fiber-users.html

Edit: apparently with unblock-us Netflix thinks my ISP is capable despite being in Canada.

Weird, guess I lucked out on Sonic.net.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

So does Apple actually write the application/interface for Netflix on the Apple TV? It seems like every other Netflix setup has implemented "auto-play" (even the Boxee Box!) except for the Apple TV. For some reason I want to blame this on Apple rather than Netflix.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

I've been using iVI (http://www.southpolesoftware.com/iVI/iVI.php ) to remux mkvs and add them to iTunes for awesome Apple TV streaming. However, recently I've noticed it isn't finding meta data for TV shows that should be really obvious (Survivor26E02.mkv). When it doesn't find the meta data, it seems to refuse to remux them.

I've tried switching between the TVDB and Tag Chimp, but I'm still getting a lot of episodes that won't find meta data. Anyone have a fix for this? There's an option for an external plugin, but I couldn't find much on google. It seems like it won't even let me enter it manually which is pretty obnoxious. Halp!

Turnquiet posted:

Huh. These are 264 encoded mkvs, but they are still taking their sweet time turning into .m4vs in handbrake. Maybe my crappy quad core Athlon II is really showing its age.

Give iVI a try. Make sure you select "pass through" and it will simply remux (rather than re-encode) mkvs and throw them in iTunes nicely tagged for you. Takes my iMac around a minute thirty for a 30 minute TV show.

tonic fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 24, 2013

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

I've found iVi to be awesome for metadata tagging, but I've never been able to get conversions to work the way I want. Even when I select "pass-thru", it still eventually starts "Doing Original Conversion" in the queue window and takes about 45 minutes for a 22 minute show. Can you post your settings so I can see what I'm missing?

Does it show "HD: Pass Thru" in your queue? The only thing I did was check enable pass thru in the conversion settings. There are some MKVs that just won't do Pass Thru for me in iVI for whatever reason (lots of WEB-DLs strangely). And obviously if it has AC3 audio, it still has to convert that to AAC to be iTunes compatible. But for a 45 minute show, it usually only takes a few minutes.

It should look like this:

It has been so off with metadata recently though. I feel like TVDB updated something and iVI is just no longer catching anything.

tonic fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 30, 2013

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

smackfu posted:

Anyway, if you are using the Mac App Store version, you can download an updated version from here until the real update comes through:
http://t.co/8ZMuDjD14R

Awesome, I had been checking their website but somehow missed this. Totally fixed the metadata issue for TV episodes :D

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

My ATV3 has a tendency to soft reboot itself at weird times, mostly when either switching from one app to another or even occasionally when I pause Netflix or something. Is this a common issue? Should I run a restore on it and see if it fixes it? It's almost two years old now, so out of warranty, and with rumors of an update coming soon (especially given Apple's comments at the earnings call yesterday), it doesn't seem worth it to buy a new one.

Yeah, I'd try a restore. We have 3 Apple TV3s that are all used regularly and I don't think I've ever seen one restart. Hopefully just a software glitch caused by a defective OTA upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

What's the purpose of 64GB of space on the new one then? Just for app storage?

• Locked thread