Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
Posted in the last thread and never got a reply, but here's my problem:

Latest Gen Apple TV
iMac with two user accounts (Man & Wife)
Each iMac user account has its own iTunes library (Man's Library and Wife's Library)
Macbook air

All devices use the same Home Sharing ID

The AppleTV can always "see" itunes libraries that are open however it will only be able to "see" the media in those libraries if it is the first library opened when booting the computer. For instance, if I reboot the iMac, log into my account and open itunes, then switch to my wife's account, then open iTunes, the ATV will "see" both libraries but will only access content from Mine (my wife's will not work). The reverse is true.

What's weird is that the macbook air, can simultaneously stream from both libraries, so it doesn't seem like an iMac problem, it seems like an ATV problem.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Seems awful if it can only access one even though it can see both.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
No Hulu support in iOS6. :(

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
Has anyone tried it out yet? Specifically, I'm wondering if some of the Hulu+ shows that have been blocked from mobile devices work on AppleTV.

I'm assuming they don't consider ATV to be a mobile device and that they work fine, but would like confirmation.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

Thwomp posted:

Blocked on mobile? Can you give some examples?

I only ask because I never encountered a show that wasn't available on my iPad/iPhone but was on the website.
Actually, it says blocked on TV and Mobile, so I guess that answers it.

http://www.hulu.com/so-you-think-you-can-dance (don't judge, it's for MY WIFE)

Hulu Website posted:

We currently don't have the rights to make this show available on your TV or mobile devices — request to be notified if it becomes available in Hulu Plus.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

ZShakespeare posted:

Mp4tools to Remux (it'll just repack the file into an m4v container without reencoding if it's already h264 encoded, just reencode the audio if it's not AAC, etc.). iDentify to tag. If you were particularly enterprising I'm sure you could make them work together.
I have been slowly converting my AVI and MKV collection to m4v using Handbrake, but obviously each run takes a while. I recently tried using MP4Tools and have not had much luck. The videos seem to convert fine, and the M4V files play fine in VLC, MPlayerX and Quicktime however they do not play in iTunes and will not transfer to an iPad.

I have tried the latest stable and the latest beta, with no luck. I've also tried adjusting the frame rate to all of the options and that still hasn't worked. Does anyone have any ideas?

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

kuskus posted:

Are you using the appropriate preset for your device?

I'm not using handbrake because it takes forever. It does work, though. My problem is with other apps that just do remux.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

ZShakespeare posted:

Are your Avis and mkvs already encoded with H264 video and AAC audio? If not you can't just Remux, you must reencode. You'll notice the pass through option in mp4tools turns red.
I checked that. I did find one video that was red, but others (10+) are not. Strangely enough, the one that is red plays best in iTunes (it just doesn't have sound, but the frames actually move).

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
Not sure if anyone else has been frustrated by not being able to activate AE, History, ABC, (not Lifetime) on Comcast on their Apple TV, but I saw this workaround posted on another site and figured I'd post here. It worked for me:

quote:

1. Login to your comcast account http://xfinity.comcast.net/
  2. Look up your channel in this table:
    code:
    Channel ID   Domain Name
    LIFETIME     mylifetime.com
    ABC          watchabc.go.com
    HISTORY      history.com
    AETV         aetv.com
  3. On the AppleTV > Select your Channel, then Settings > Sign in to Provider. Note the Activation Code
  4. Paste the following URL into your browser, with the appropriate fields updated
    code:
    https://api.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/authenticate?reg_code=YOUR_ACTIVATION_CODE_GOES_HERE&noflash=true&mso_id=Comcast_SSO&requestor_id=CHANNEL_ID_GOES_HERE&domain_name=DOMAIN_NAME_GOES_HERE&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.DOMAIN_NAME_GOES_HERE%2Factivate%3Fdevice%3Dappletv
  5. Load the URL
  6. Wait about 10 seconds and appletv will say: "Success! Your TV Provider account has successfully linked to the HISTORY apple TV App. Happy Viewing"

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

fr3lm0 posted:

They're all there by default I think but you can show or hide whichever ones you want in settings.
You can also move them around and hide them on the home screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

Martytoof posted:

Hey Apple, let me give you my money already :|

• Locked thread