Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Are there any screenshots of how it looks with this? I've got an ATV2 with Plex but I'm on 4.2.2 and the native Netflix app is broken. I can't seem to find any way to upgrade to 4.4.4, and if I update all the way to 5.2.1, I'm sitting without a tether-free jailbreak and without a native Plex app.

If I could go to the non-jailbroken current ATV2 firmware and use this instead, that'd be great, but I want to see how this works and make sure it's not as janky as I fear it might be.

I was skeptical too, but it's very unjank. I spent about 15 minutes setting it up and it seems to work perfectly.

Sorry for the poor quality, super large screenshots-- didn't have time to thumbnail/resize

Thanks Shmoogy for posting this. It's great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Probably irrelevant and wrong, but isn't Plex just a rebranded + forked XBMC?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

Anyone sold their apple tv 2 lately? What kind of price should I be looking to get?

I'll give you five bucks for it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

My friend showed me his FireTV and it was slow and hard reset when viewing the app store lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Kaizoku posted:

Hell, even a month ago they could've lied and claimed the hold up was on Apple's end, but this is the exact type of practices that ensured iTunes would be the garbage that it is.

I'm having trouble parsing this

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bass Bottles posted:

Maybe Apple rejected it.

lol nope. The article says that they're dropping Chromecasts too. It's a whiny pisspants dickwaving move from Amazon.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

quote:

Dear Seller,

Over the last three years, Prime Video has become an important part of Prime. It’s important that the streaming media players we sell interact well with Prime Video in order to avoid customer confusion. Therefore, Amazon has implemented listing restrictions for the followings products:

o Apple TV

o Chromecast

o Nexus Player

Effective immediately, you may no longer create new listings for these products, and as of 10/29/15, any existing listings for these products will be removed. There will be no adverse impact on your seller account for the removal, but we request that you refrain from relisting removed products.

Roku, XBOX, and PlayStation all interact well with Prime Video and are not affected by this change.

Thank you for selling on Amazon.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The old remote is a god damned work of art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bass Bottles posted:

Hold the menu button down.

Yes they hid crucial functionality where 99% of users would never find it lol

The Menu trick's been around since the original iPods, it was probably more widely known when those were still a big thing.

• Locked thread