Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Puddin posted:

Having no other Apple products, is there any other streaming software that will allow me to simply stream media from my pc?
Plex (with a jailbroken ATV).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Kevyn posted:

I'm looking for a way to AirPlay music from my iphone and also have the lyrics scroll on the tv. Is this possible on an ATV3? Both the musiXmatch and TuneWiki iOS apps claim they support AirPlay but I can't actually find it in the app.
This is just a guess, but chances are those apps only support Airplay of audio and to get both audio and video you'd have to turn on Airplay Mirroring, which is done from the iOS device (double-click the Home button and swipe the recents list left to right twice).

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Feenix posted:

Confused a bit about Plex Media Server. It's auto-looking in my Mac's "Movies" folder, but where on earth can I change where Plex Media Server finds it's file/library? All my stuff is in another folder. How do I point it to that directory??
http://www.plexapp.com/medialink/files/E_use1.html

In particular, see step 2.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
but

quote:

You can see if your Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is associated with your Apple ID in the iTunes, iBooks, and App Store, and manage your associated devices. Just open iTunes using your Mac or PC.
No mention of Apple TVs.

And when I go into ITunes and choose Manage Devices, my Apple TV doesn't show up as associated. :iiam:

edit: now that I look, my wife's iPad doesn't show up either, the list seems to be just things that have synced to that computer at some point.

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 14, 2015

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Amazon Prime Video is a subset of Amazon Instant Video (where you can also buy/rent movies), but the two share the same app for playback. So you're not going to see an app for the first if Amazon doesn't want you to see an app for the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Tangential at best, but

Feenix posted:

... Siri on my phone...

... Siri on ATV4 ...
So, a person could theoretically have "hey, Siri" active on a phone, iPad, watch, and Apple TV all at the same time and in the same room. If so, and they say "hey, Siri <command>", what happens?

• Locked thread