Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nimrod
Sep 20, 2003
Upgraded from 11.10 using the auto upgrade thing, and it seems to have gone smoothly. Now I have to figure out how to re-enable right clicking on this damned clickpad.

EDIT: Figured it out. Why is one of the main features of their new distribution disabled by default? Synaptics touch/clickpads must be a bitch to code for.

Nimrod fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nimrod
Sep 20, 2003

taqueso posted:

I upgraded to 12.04 and now I keep getting this error:
code:
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libgnome-control-center1_1%3a3.4.1-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
 unable to install (supposed) new info file `/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/shlibs': Is a directory
when doing anything with apt-get. If I manually try to unpack the .deb with dpkg, I get the same. I removed and let apt redownload the .deb, same thing.

How can I troubleshoot this further?

Try removing it all again then doing a fsck from a recovery console.

Nimrod
Sep 20, 2003

taqueso posted:

What do you mean by removing it all again? Removing the deb?

Yeah i'm assuming you've tried purging whatever package is giving you issues, the important part is the fsck though.

EDIT: I had pretty much the same error once before, and I think it has something to do with an old inode not being cleared correctly or some such. fsck fixed it for me.

Nimrod
Sep 20, 2003

taqueso posted:

Did the fsck, now I get
code:
E: Internal Error, No file name for libssl1.0.0
when I try to do anything with apt. :cry: Tried purging libssl, updating, etc. but no change.

From my googling,

apt-get update
apt-get clean
apt-get install -fy
dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb
dpkg --configure -a
apt-get install -fy
apt-get dist-upgrade

may help you.

• Locked thread