Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

So how do the card show box open things at card shows work? I saw a bunch of dudes just opening crazy boxes of stuff at tables but couldnt figure out what was happening/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Schremp Howard posted:

It's good to check with whatever company you want to buy first to see what qualifies for a redemption and that they still have some. Then you just head to any dealer and buy the box from them and take it over to the company's booth to open it up, and they give you your card. They're generally nice people who flip out when you pull cool stuff.

Really they just watch you open hockey cards and give you stuff? Thats nice I guess. Im gonna take my kid on Sunday and try and get a Jordan Eberle card with his signature on it...

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Sucks about the typo on the last one there. How come you make your own cards?

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

That's crazy. I didn't even know that was a thing to do

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Question for smart people: I bought 1 pack of Gypsy Queen baseball on a whim and got a redemption for a Matt Kemp auto (ebay BIN for the redemption cards is ~$60). I have no interest in keeping the card but want to know if I should redeem it then sell it. Which sells for more, the redemption cards or the real cards? I imagine its the same for hockey as it is for baseball. Thanks

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Just redeem it and get the cash now.

I'm not sure I follow. The redemption cards are selling now for $60 but I know people dont like redemption cards so I'm wondering if its wiser to redeem the card and then sell the actual extant autographed card later

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

OK thanks

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

How do I get a Nail Yakupov rookie card? Only in the kinds of cards that havent come out yet?

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

darkwolf220 posted:

Nail cards won't start to appear in mainstream product until the first releases after he plays his first game. NHLPA prevents cards being made of players who have yet to play. In The Game, however, is not affiliated with the NHLPA and thus does whatever the gently caress they want to. You can get a couple Nail cards from ITG products like Heroes and Prospects and Superlative. Also, Upper Deck Series 1, Upper Deck Artifacts and Panini Certified have included redemption cards for "#1 rookie, #2 rookie, #3 rookie etc". These will be fulfilled by redemption as soon as the rookies skate. While it is no sure thing, it is a safe bet that Nail will be "#1 rookie" in all three products. Also any 12-13 Artifacts Edmonton Oilers rookie redemption will most likely be Nail, unless he suffers some huge setback in training camp, in which case it would be Shultz. Hope that answers a question.

As for what the first product he will be live in as a rookie card? My money is on Panini Limited, they pushed it back twice, so my expectation is that they have already printed the Nail cards but can not release the set until he skates.

OK thanks. I have to say getting those redemption cards is really a cruddy thing.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

I will play!

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

How do I pay you again?

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

uh go ahead without me I guess. I want the Oilers and then anyone other than Calgary and Vancouver

Good luck home a good signature gets to you boys

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Oh ok now I'm busy on Saturday because I thought it happened ha ha ok anyway you know who I'm after Mr. Man

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

darkwolf220 posted:

Great break everyone, loaded as always, just kind of a letdown because :argh: redemptions!

3 great hits, the Roy patch auto, the Saad/Hull dual auto and the FREAKING DINO BONE.

Thompson we are going to need your help with your UD contact to make sure we get that expired dino bone redeemed. Think you can help?

Also lost your text number, you got 2 more significant cards, a Connolly rookie auto and a bitchin Johnny Towes mini auto.

Wayne Gretzky: Good news bad news. Good news I cheated and got you 1st overall pick, took Edmonton. Bad news, you only got 2 autos, both from your #30 team, Minnesota. Sorry bro, I tried :sigh:

Sweet thanks!

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Now I have my very own Cal Clutterbuck autograph! Thank you for sending me the cards.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Can you get the doctor to put a hunk of it in a card maybe

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Feel better friend

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

If you guys get any cool Tay tay cards can I have them please

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Sure I'll take it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Ill trade you some uh batteries or some magazines? Thanks for showing me the picture, it is very cool.

• Locked thread