Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Slayin' is an interesting looking new retro action RPG that appeared on the Play Store that might be worth someone's time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Slay is a really fun strategy game that was ported to Android a little while ago. It was originally released for Windows in 1995.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.windowsgames.slay

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

vulturesrow posted:

Galaxy Trucker

Yes, definitely pick this up, it's fantastic.

As for surveys, is anyone else not getting many of them? Mine are few and far between, and usually only get me 10-20 cents.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

As for surveys, is anyone else not getting many of them? Mine are few and far between, and usually only get me 10-20 cents.

I go to publix for lunch like 2-3 times a week and I get 3ish surveys a week pretty much all asking when the last time I went to publix was.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

I've been getting more lately.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I definitely like Record Keeper a lot more than I ever enjoyed Brave Frontier. I'm only about halfway through FF6 right now, though.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

mrkillboy posted:

Slayin' is an interesting looking new retro action RPG that appeared on the Play Store that might be worth someone's time.

I bought this on iOS a year ago or so and it's pretty fun for a poopin' game. Not sure how badlh it was butchered in yhe change to F2P, though.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

I have location services enabled, so I get asked a lot about my trips to Home Depot.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I get asked at least once a week how I traveled to Walmart last. Usually worth 30 cents.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

gromdul posted:

I have location services enabled, so I get asked a lot about my trips to Home Depot.

Same, except I'm just going near it not in it. 99% of the time it's them asking me that and me going a long rear end time ago. Yet it's the question they ask most frequently. I guess they're trying to get it so they don't false positive it eventually.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Funkmaster General posted:

I bought this on iOS a year ago or so and it's pretty fun for a poopin' game. Not sure how badlh it was butchered in yhe change to F2P, though.

It doesn't seem that bad. There's no stamina, the only IAP seems to be restricted to bundles for more fame points, and there's occasional image ads that I haven't found a way to disable (I also got randomly offered 2500 fame points to watch a video ad). The downside is that things in the shop such as new characters to unlock are really expensive (18000 points to unlock the ninja for example, a more modest 3000 for the wizard).

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

I get surveys nearly every day. I've got so much play store money that I'll never use it all. I'd might as well buy galaxy trucker though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I get surveys nearly every day. I've got so much play store money that I'll never use it all. I'd might as well buy galaxy trucker though.

Goddammit, I'll answer anything they want, I wish they'd send me more.

As for location services, I have mine on... I think? It says on, but then I go and check my history, and it's got nothing.

EDIT: Welp. it was just showing one day. Still... I guess just travelling to and from work doesn't really help the situation. Does being in Canada (though right outside Montreal) help/hinder anything?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Apogee15 posted:

Slay is a really fun strategy game that was ported to Android a little while ago. It was originally released for Windows in 1995.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.windowsgames.slay

Holy poo poo! What a blast from the past. I haven't thought about this game in nearly two goddamn decades. I played this all the time during free time in the computer lab as a kid, along with those goofy Math Munchers games and such. I remember liking this one a bunch even though I didn't quite get a handle on it. I vaguely remember it being like Risk but way more fun, but this was so long ago I have no idea how well it holds up. Probably a solid pooper game at least.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Goddammit, I'll answer anything they want, I wish they'd send me more.

As for location services, I have mine on... I think? It says on, but then I go and check my history, and it's got nothing.

EDIT: Welp. it was just showing one day. Still... I guess just travelling to and from work doesn't really help the situation. Does being in Canada (though right outside Montreal) help/hinder anything?

Maybe, I'm in the UK and get nothing. Come on Google, you're getting sued for intruding on Safari users data, yet I'll give you all the datas you want for mere pennies!

vulturesrow posted:

Galaxy Trucker

That's it, thanks!

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I can't remember which bridge game is the good one but Bridge Constructor is the Amazon free app of the day.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Kheldarn posted:

I've never played Brave Frontier. There are probably hundreds of us. So, it's shiny new for us.

Think Puzzle & Dragon, but without the puzzle

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

gromdul posted:

I'm one of those nerds who only turns on GPS when an app absolutely requires it, like car navigation (or Tinder :v:). This probably explains why I have never gotten a survey, ever :milkie:

edit:

Has anyone ever expressed interest in making a new thread? The OP hasn't posted ITT for nearly a year and a half.

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 30, 2015

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I'm one of those nerds who only turns on GPS when an app absolutely requires it, like car navigation (or Tinder :v:). This probably explains why I have never gotten a survey, ever :milkie:

edit:

Has anyone ever expressed interest in making a new thread? The OP hasn't posted ITT for nearly a year and a half.

My location service is never on so it isn't that.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
How does one start doing these surveys for Play credit?

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

Longbaugh01 posted:

How does one start doing these surveys for Play credit?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.paidtasks&hl=en

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
E: wrong nerdy thread.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Playing more Sproggiwood and a bit of Pixel Dungeon makes me REALLY want Dungeons of Dredmor on mobile.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Welp, I finished and mastered all the normal mode dungeons of FFRK, except for weekend ones.

Strategy was basically auto battle, turn off auto for bosses.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

IAmTheRad posted:

Welp, I finished and mastered all the normal mode dungeons of FFRK, except for weekend ones.

Yeah, sounds about right. I just finished up the available stuff, too. I can see this being pretty neat if they can keep up with content updates. If they're too slow, that giant gap between normal and expert is going to turn people off, I think.

Also what the hell, why doesn't 6 have a launch rep?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I feel like we've reached peak cheap knock off. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.HypercraftSarl.FNaC

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Five Nights at Slender is in the related apps.

There is always more and it is always worse.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

But Minecraft x Five Nights at Freddy's ft. Herobrine. I think that might top Slenderman

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Limbo is loving amazing. How can a monochrome game be so emotional?

Also, some of the puzzles are hard as hell.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Final Fantasy Record Keeper is neat, but (loading problems aside), it's got one major problem that will keep it from being a big game for me:

The magic system is terribly designed, and even worse in implementation. Dedicated mage characters should not be restricted to a handful of casts over 15 waves of enemies, even in the early game. Especially if they lack any kind of AoE option. Especially when the casters are frail and terrible in every other way.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Jorath posted:

Limbo is loving amazing. How can a monochrome game be so emotional?

Also, some of the puzzles are hard as hell.

Loved it, best game ive played on a phone. Puzzles were just tricky enough to make it last a bit longer, and I want more levels, or a sequel, asap.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
DeNA have released their cutesy, F2P Marvel multiplayer brawler Marvel Mighty Heroes on Android this week. I played a bit of it during soft launch but I didn't find it to be my cup of tea.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
e: meh, off topic

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Minecraft already has Endermen, so it gets Slenderman points automatically.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
If anyone is curious what Crossy Road would be like if it was a dungeon crawler, The Quest Keeper is now out on the Play Store.

edit: its actually pretty good!

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Apr 1, 2015

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I feel the need to spread the word of the Age of Ishtaria April Fools event.

Age of Ishtaria is a pretty good card collecting game, that gives you a ton of free funbucks just for playing the game regularly. You can get 20/30/50/100 funbucks (100 funbucks is $1) per challenge (achievements, like fully clear a quest area) you complete and there are 79 of them, you get 10 funbucks each time you level up, and you get 20-100 funbucks every first clear of a quest. Events can also give out funbucks as rewards, like the recent bingo event giving out over 1500 for a full completion.

You can also buy cash shop items (the usual energy potions) without spending a cent by using 'medals' you get for selling any 3* or higher card. You should max out the card's loyalty points (use that card in quests or the 'pvp' arena) beforehand, as doing that increases the medals you get. Evolving a card to +1 or +2 will double or triple the medals you get, since it's treated as selling 2/3 copies of the card at once.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

IAmTheRad posted:

Looks like they just released some additional event dungeons.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The event mission is raiding Shinra HQ, with Tifa and Sephiroth unlockable at the higher levels. No idea how hard that's going to be, but we'll find out I guess.

Edit: Getting to floor 30 and getting Tifa is pretty easy if you've cleared all the available dungeons. You also get a ton of orbs. Got enough to make and almost hone a Thundara from the first 30 floors. Good event dungeon, I hope they're all cool like this.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 1, 2015

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

What multiplayer games are good that can be played without being online constantly? Like Wordfued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

a7m2 posted:

What multiplayer games are good that can be played without being online constantly? Like Wordfued.

I enjoy Dice with Buddies. I'm horrible at it, and the ads are annoying, but it's fun.

• Locked thread