Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I actually wondered for a moment if the inaccuracies were deliberate - after all, the episode had other moments set up to gently mock its more obsessive fans, as well as a scene where someone who apparently knows everything about the underground has overlooked a crucial detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I commend Glasgow for its pleasing oval shape, and the straightness of its river.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm going to come to your marching band finals and hold up a sign about level crossings Bozza

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm not sure if there are any lines running from England to New South Wales so you might be out of luck there.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Why would a company, especially one with a strictly controlled budget, recruit externally when they have an internal pool of labour (who are in theory known quantities) to pull from?

Unless you're specifically looking to bring in new skills from outside I can't see why you wouldn't advertise jobs internally as a first step.

e: ignore me, confused this with the ukmt

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 5, 2015

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Yeah my usual train back from Leeds dumps half the train at Newcastle and then only the front carriages continue up to Scotland. It makes sense if you have a route that has a significantly lower demand after a certain point.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

A permanent replacement then? Even better for that person's career advancement!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah you can't fire people for maternity leave I don't think, or for being on the sick, that's the whole point of them.

Oh yeah, I really didn't think that through.

An inability to use a temporary recruitment / promotion to backfill short-term need seems like a huge oversight. Clearly maternity benefits are the real issue though.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Return tickets cheaper than two singles? What nonsense, return tickets should be a trap for the unwary and nothing more.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm spending half my life on the ECML at the moment and still encounter the occasional slam door train, even on services going to / from London. If there's some system to avoiding them I would use it because they usually have smaller seats that my lanky legs literally cannot fit in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

It's pretty common to spend a couple of minutes waiting to get across the Tyne (I think there's only six tracks between the two bridges so it's a bit of a bottleneck) and it's not really a surprise that trains with an onward journey would take priority over those terminating.

• Locked thread