Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Bacon Terrorist posted:

They've been saying they were getting rid of pacers since I started in 2008 so don't be too surprised if they're still about in 2025.
The state those trains are in it truly wouldn't surprise me if they run them until one disintegrates en route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Desiderata posted:

Just got a Manchester to Llandudno train. I did not know we still ran carriages where you have to lean out the window to open the door handle. Still a nicer than a Pacer though.
I distinctly remember there being a big fuss several years ago over all these sorts of trains finally being phased out / made illegal or something. Was that only on specific lines, or what?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

mrpwase posted:

The solution is: don't live in the Cotswolds
The solution as usual seems to be travel to or from London, otherwise enjoy your journey in some bits of sheet metal held together with sellotape. :(

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I think the intent is noble but the reality will be disastrous figures regarding the performance of trains, even if they're running no worse than they currently do.
I don't see the problem with this. It sounds like the current methodology is erroneously reporting higher-than-actual performance and this would represent something closer to what passengers actually experience.

• Locked thread