Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Dr Snofeld posted:

Oh my god that looks amazing. Something to consider when I have money at last, maybe.
Some friends of mine did that and had an amazing time. Totally do it if you get the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

That's awesome. I love that the part about failure modes totally fails to address the huge loving disk of spinning metal at the center of every carriage.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

It was at a CERN planning meeting that I learned that 1000 petabytes is a yottabyte. The scales they work at are pretty amazing.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Metrication posted:

Because London's growth benefits the rest of the country?

[citation needed]

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Is that supposed to be some sort of response to me? Because nothing on there is even vaguely relevant to the effects of growth in London on the rest of the UK.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm sure I remember reading about a proposed HST system somewhere where the train would never stop and people would board and leave from another train "docking" with the main one, which is awesome as gently caress in concept but just the dumbest possible idea in practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Ig19gYP9o

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3B97kWs2_IkOVJZYkloUi1ER2M

Well, that looks pretty hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

• Locked thread