Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Bozza posted:

In terms of mixed traffic operations, people come to us to see how it's done

Is this really true though? Because the same is said about Dutch rail all the time.

Speaking of, I think I asked this before but I don't know if I got an answer (plus I forgot if I did) but a couple years back there was talk of sending my dad (knooppuntcontroller, literal translation: junction controller, basically he gets paid to do nothing if everything goes well, but as soon as poo poo hits the fan he needs to get the right materiel and people in the right place to sort poo poo out and keep to the schedule as much as possible) to the UK due to some cooperation project and Dutch rail was going to (possibly?) start operations in England. As far as I know Dutch rail is currently active in Poland under the Nedkoleje name and Germany, and the Czech Republic as well as England under the name Abellio Rail. Do you know anything about them and could you talk about them? Anything at all would be appreciated cus I'm genearlly interested in what Dutch rail is up to.

Also, who controls the stations in the UK? Again for Dutch rail, in recent years building a lot of office complexes above or closely around stations on land owned by Dutch rail has been one of their most succesful activities. Is anything similar happening in the UK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Mr Cuddles posted:

Bozza sell me on the benefits of hs2 or I'm going to remain vaguely opposed to it because I've seen the route and it goes through some lovely countryside.

http://demandnothing.org/high-speed-2-white-elephant-or-national-investment/

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

^^

You should've left that post at the first sentence, combined with the avatar.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

BrokenBritain.txt

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Vando posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, your inefficient public sector!

I thought he was privatised? Clearly then he had more productive and efficient things to do in the pub, like create jobs.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Noreaus posted:

For a brief moment I thought that they were actually going to be nationalised. I don't know why I thought that was plausible!

See a doctor.

Now.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

kingturnip posted:

Also, the narrative is amusingly fruity in places: "Men with muscles and buttocks of cast iron."
:allears:

This is what was getting your mum all hot and bothered way back when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

sweek0 posted:

That seems pretty stupid. You might end up with AnsaloBreda like the Danish and the Dutch did.

To be fair, the Fyra is a glorious magnificent uhmm... trainwreck.

• Locked thread