Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brakanjan
May 26, 2014

OppyDoppyDopp posted:

If this is put back on the table, I hope they do a better job of selling Blackfriars as a terminus to loop residents.

Loop trains are always cancelled to maintain services on the mainline when things are going to poo poo and they are often left queuing outside Blackfriars during the rush hour. Imagine how much more hosed it will be when Thameslink is serving several more destinations. 'Get out while you can' would be a good slogan for the publicity work.

This is why the circle line is the first to go if there are any major problems on the Underground as you can reach your destination via other routes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
Does anyone know the final planned proposal for Crossrail 2 I saw one a few years back but just wanted to see what the latest one was?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

onoflalks posted:

There's nothing final yet, TfL's running a second consultation about the proposed routes.

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/crossrail/june-2014/consult_view

Ta, the proposed regional schemes. Will that be all stations if approved?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
Who is a part of national rail exactly.

Just curious, was talking to colleagues in the canteen and we realised that if the strike took place then we would be suspended between Putney Bridge and Wimbledon and Richmond branch because of potentially no signaling staff. This got everyone talking about who actually is national rail in these days of privatization.

Can you shed any light on this.
Most appreciated

Ta

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
Would have been a money shot had someone been standing in the doorway.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Cerv posted:

Nationalisation happening. Network Southeast being recreated under a different name.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/tfl-to-take-command-of-londons-entire-suburban-rail-network-a3161586.html

How would that actually work? I mean in the sense of Stock moves , Depots etc... and what would happen to all the rest if they separated them , would they not have to take all or nothing as I do not see money in the pot to build new infrastructure to fulfill anything overly ambitious. I see part of ASLEFS new agreement for night tube is

"Transfer of Train Licence Management will pursue a reciprocal agreement with LOROL and TFL rail to allow staff(LU) to move to those companies" .

Now that is still being discussed but could that mean in the future if everything goes to TFL do I get to apply as a driver on a potential southeastern route and closer to home from LU? Also theres always been rumours about Wimbledon Depot coming under LU but it would make more sense if it was all managed under TFL. Anyway what do you think is any of this actually feasible?

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Brovine posted:

http://www.londonreconnections.com/2016/peace-on-our-line-devolving-londons-railways/

This announcement has, as usual, been vastly overstated by the media. All it really says is "we're going to discuss this and see what's sensible", not actually stating they will devolve anythiny beyond what has already been done.

Ahhh...Thanks for that :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
So what is the verdict of Chris Grayling's plans. Good or bad? Also is this new to anyone in the company?

• Locked thread