Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augure
Jan 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Bryter posted:

It's disingenuous, or profoundly ignorant, to suggest that a group representing the interests of the country shouldn't be afforded more rights than those groups who want to destroy it and all it stands for.

I honestly can't tell which of these you think is the "group representing the interests of the country."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augure
Jan 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

KayTee posted:

Some texts claim that the marrage was consumated a few years after, making Aisha between the ages of 9-11. In 600 CE, that was the norm. The Virgin Mary wouldn't have been much older than 12.

Oh, yeah, I'm dying to see your source for this :allears:

Augure
Jan 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

LP97S posted:

http://www.faqs.org/childhood/A-Ar/Age-of-Consent.html

Older age of consent laws are a pretty recent thing like modern medicine and just like modern medicine it's a very good thing that they're being used today.

Notice how I quoted the bit about "Ages 9-11" being the norm? That's decidedly pre-pubescent and was not the norm for a consummated marriage in 600 CE, 0 CE, or indeed ever.

• Locked thread