Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
I remember reading that the BNP has a direct lineage back to the BUF. Is that true or are they an original group like how unrelated animals on different continents move into the same niche and evolve to look similar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

Chocolate Teapot posted:

Any reason why these sorts aren't put on terror watchlists, or are they only reserved for foreigners?

I think they aren't just because they've been so laughably incompetent at anything other than spontaneously beating people up. Muslamic Rayguns and all that.

That being said, England's got enough hate groups that needs an equivalent to the SPLC.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

duck monster posted:

http://www.searchlightmagazine.com/

Searchlights pretty much your gold standard if your looking for an SPLC type thing for the UK. Nevermind the territorial pissings between the various squabbly UK anti-fascist groups, Searchlight pretty much wrote the book on research anti-fascism and the SPLC in the US, EXPO in sweden, FDB in Australia and so on just follow that rulebook

They cop a bit of stick from the more radical groups for the fact they share information with police and tend to work with government a lot doing training courses and consulting with intelligence gathering, but Matthew Collins who seems to run the show these days is a solid guy with a solid perspective that ultimately lays the blame on Labor and the left for not providing a real alternative for disafected working class men looking for answers, something I agree with 100%

The research these guys do is fantastic. If your interested in UK antifascism you owe it to yourself to get a subscription to their mag, even if you think they are lame-o's who need to get back into the doc martens.

e: They do operate internationally via friendly groups and a bit of their own representation, but they have traditionally been a UK org. My guess though is they will be paying a LOT more focus on europe after the greek disaster.

Cool, I live in America though (Great Lakes Region, so we've got their own problems to look at), but I'll be sure to keep an eye on their reports. Thanks for clearing that up.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

I hope I'm not the only one who instantly thought of this:

• Locked thread