Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strif-ah Ker-not
Oct 8, 2011
Over time for me the EDL shifted from something to be worried about to something just to laugh at. The last year was such a shambles for them and was just one hilarious event after the other. The edlnews year in review of 2011 is pretty long but worth reading just to see how awful their year was. My favourite thing was when one of their leaders made up that he had been attacked by someone with a shotgun the night before a demo but then realised it was obviously a lie so just didn't mention it again.

Yesterday Tommy Robinson went somewhere in East Anglia (not sure where, some sort of meeting I think) and tweeted this:

Tommy Robinson posted:

Going undercover,sat at the back listened 2 em slagging me & revealed myself with 'this is why u should ban the burkha'
Attatched was this photo:

There is no way to take them seriously when their leader does stupid stuff like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strif-ah Ker-not
Oct 8, 2011

Umiapik posted:

Interesting question: why are the far right in the UK so incredibly bad at getting their poo poo together? In France for example, the Front National is well-organised and winning a very significant share of the vote. Contrast that with the extraordinary incoherence and incompetence that our native-born fascists display, always and at all times. You only have to read the papers (and the accompanying online comments sections) to know that there's plenty of people in the UK that distinctly lean towards their views, so how is it that they've always failed utterly to draw on that potential support? In place of any sort of slick political operation, you've got the drunken pressure group that is the EDL and the navel-gazing BNP doing their best to impersonate the Judean People's Front (Splitters!!).

Perhaps the liberal metropolitan elite is to blame for frustrating the ambitions of true sons of British soil?

For some reason UKIP are seen as at least a semi-respectable party which I think sucks up a lot of the non working class racists.

Strif-ah Ker-not
Oct 8, 2011

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Awkward.

Double awkward

Strif-ah Ker-not
Oct 8, 2011
Has Roberta Moore (ex head of the Jewish division of the EDL) been up to anything lately? Has the whole Jewish division been scrapped after she was hanging out with literal terrorists?

• Locked thread