Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Bill O'Riley is GENIUS posted:

Sorry, ignorant American here, but what the heck is Sharia finance?! There are similarly racist fucks over here whining about Sharia law, but Sharia finance?! Are there certain kinds of Muslim bookkeeping that are destroying the good old British ways or something? It's hard to believe this isn't all a big joke.

It's a real thing and it's actually pretty cool.

Islam forbids the collection of interest on money (usury) as well as investment in non-halal industries so it developed its own system to allow money to be lend to people such as joint purchases by the bank and the 'borrower', bank accounts which don't pay interest, etc.

Of course it doesn't really exist any more and is not a threat to anything anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jugular veins. These guys definitely aren't medically trained!

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Less minorities, racism more acceptable, an Empire and we just crushed the loving (foreign) Nazis in an apocalyptic war.

vvv Yeah that's a huge part of it too.

namesake fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 31, 2012

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Convexed posted:

e: loving hell that is a terrible poster. Both content and design. My eyes.

Actually it's the perfect poster for its audience; its primarily white on black with splashes of red everywhere.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Modrasone posted:

Sorry, Serotonin. I meant the UAF not you, didn't come over too well. My only other experience of anything even remotely similar is going to the Tolpuddle anniversary, and I found it a bit like you say - a lot of ulterior motives, self-importance and an magazines getting shoved in your face. My hunch was the counter-protest would be just like you said, in which case I'll leave them to it.

If you mean Ashton I know at least one badass French woman will be there and willing to have a proper go and she should be going with a few others but otherwise yeah, gmuaf is pretty limp at the moment, lots of cuddling up to various community figures who go and offer dates to the fascists, lots of obeying the authorities at all times and things like holding a multicultural march the week after the pseudo-nationalist, locally organised by an edl member, Manchester Strong march.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

bpower posted:

But immigration is not a good thing for the under class and working poor of the rich countries for several reasons that have nothing to do with race or even culture.

The worst things for the underclass and the working poor are the overclass and the idle rich, the effects of migration pale in comparison to the damage these cause.

You might as well complain about the impact of a large number of fresh school leavers in a particular area for all the good it would do the working class economically.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

bpower posted:

But the volume of extra workers does have an impact on the wages and conditions of the "native" (sorry couldn't think of a better word) workers. I've seen it first hand when I was an immigrant working in Australia working 60 hours a week without overtime pay, no holiday or sick pay and forbidden to join a union. My brother is still there doing it now. It fucks the locals. And I know it's the rich loving us all but one of their weapons is cowed foreign labour. And I know that overall , on average is not a huge deal, but the effects are localised. It's at the level of the construction site or factory where it really hurts. Try fighting for better conditions if you're told "theres the door if you don't like it, theres a queue of people who'll work for LESS than you."

All labour struggles started from that point and they seemed to win somehow...

You can segment humanity all the way down to the level of individuals and invent categories if necessary (see the history of racism and things like classifying the Irish in the USA) you can bet that the rich will do that if they want/need to, so by picking any particular group and saying 'Fair enough, let's exclude them.' you're basically setting yourself up to end up in the same position as that group later on for whatever reason the rich care to propagate; benefit scroungers, kids and uni students supposedly receiving 'subsidised' education, etc.

Trying to gain a position of strength in a competitive environment by excluding others from the competition is really dumb when A) you don't set the rules, B) those that do set the rules have an interest in keeping everyone else weak and C)you don't have to have a competition at all.

quote:

OK that's pretty much the definition of racism. gently caress him. I admit I was wrong on that point.

Much as I hate to say it, that was actually a Tory councillors comments, not Nigel.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

David Irving, fascist historian and Holocaust denier, is speaking somewhere in Manchester on the 24th. The NF actually managed to haul some of their members out of their crypts and from under their bridges to harrass the SWP paper stand a week and a bit ago so be careful everyone around there!

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Well with the failure to keep anything sustained after the Lee Rigby murder and UKIP seeming to approach being a thing in politics by being just as xenophobic but with a Boris Johnson figurehead I reckon a lot of people figure they'll be able to start getting rid of all the immigrants and non-whites after an election rather than doing much themselves. Their numbers are still good compared to antifa counterprotesters though.

After the referendum keeps us in the EU and UKIP doesn't secure a say in parliament they'll be back, although probably not under the EDL banners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

We're not the smartest people but when a bunch of white people with shaved heads yell about Jews and unveil a flag which specifically says 'a future for white children' we usually manage to put it together.

• Locked thread