Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sirotan posted:

I did enjoy the "from the studio that brought you X" joke.

In the international cut-downs I focus on this and the X-force morally flexible gender-neutral joke because it's the only thing that's remotely funny. People here love the "derivative" joke but that assumes that people fully understand what derivative means and people fully understand why X-Force would be derivative of X-Men and in my opinion that's expecting a lot from non-superfans. The cab scene takes way too long to develop in shorter lengths and the Cable introduction is just confusing when cut down.

We're going to need a lot of Ryan ADR for our TV spots going forward because Cable is painfully un-funny and nobody knows why the gently caress this kid is important. Nobody wants to see hosed-up-face DP make out with his girlfriend either.

This is a tough campaign. I hear they want to cut down this trailer all the way to :10 and just lmao it's going to be "cue the music" smash bang boom "I wish I stayed in college" title. Just...ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

viral spiral posted:

I'm really digging both of these, and yeah, the production design in the Alien movies has always been great to look at. The grittiness and sense of realism is timeless.

Giving away GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH in the trailer is a crime.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

AlternateAccount posted:

Yeah the theater I saw Aliens at went absolutely NUTS at that line, loving bullshit to ruin it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

it's kinda funny that the "CHOSEN CHILD" is a little chubby. I think that's a good joke.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BonoMan posted:

How the gently caress do you of all people like Prometheus?

:iiam:

I'm an irrational type. I also like Noomi.

kiimo posted:

In the international cut-downs I focus on this and the X-force morally flexible gender-neutral joke because it's the only thing that's remotely funny. People here love the "derivative" joke but that assumes that people fully understand what derivative means and people fully understand why X-Force would be derivative of X-Men and in my opinion that's expecting a lot from non-superfans. The cab scene takes way too long to develop in shorter lengths and the Cable introduction is just confusing when cut down.

We're going to need a lot of Ryan ADR for our TV spots going forward because Cable is painfully un-funny and nobody knows why the gently caress this kid is important. Nobody wants to see hosed-up-face DP make out with his girlfriend either.

This is a tough campaign. I hear they want to cut down this trailer all the way to :10 and just lmao it's going to be "cue the music" smash bang boom "I wish I stayed in college" title. Just...ugh.

:lol: you're dying for our sins

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 22, 2018

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

kiimo posted:

Cable is painfully un-funny and nobody knows why the gently caress this kid is important

Is this based on seeing the whole movie, or do they just send you a few scenes?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was a recent article about DP2 test screenings and how people loved Cable and Domino so much that they went back and shot extra scenes with those characters.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

muscles like this! posted:

There was a recent article about DP2 test screenings and how people loved Cable and Domino so much that they went back and shot extra scenes with those characters.

Cable and Dominos sounds like how I spent my 20s and am now spending my 30s.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Vagabundo posted:

I'm not really sure why they're even getting trailers either. Alien is my all-time favourite film and I loving love the poo poo out of Aliens, but what's the point? Both films have been long available on multiple formats for donkey's years.

And for the record, here's the original trailer to Alien from 1979

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ5lPt9edzQ

I remember sitting in the kitchen with my mom when I was in high school, and that trailer came on and we were both riveted. It still is fantastic.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

edit: better safe than sorry. Believe that article!

...sweet summer child.

Sir Kodiak posted:

Is this based on seeing the whole movie, or do they just send you a few scenes?

Based on how audiences react in testing but also I haven't seen this yet and it could be good especially after reshoots and pickups (lol on the quote about these reshoots being about adding MORE OF WHAT YOU ALREADY LOVE!!1). If you remember we got blasted for the marketing on the last one, too. The movie ended up being funny and good. Everyone including me is going to see it.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 22, 2018

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We only post good trailers here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjaHhduqS5o

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I remember sitting in the kitchen with my mom when I was in high school, and that trailer came on and we were both riveted. It still is fantastic.

Yeah, it really is fantastic. I remember seeing it on some rental VHS around 1990. I don't remember any of the other trailers that were on those tapes, except that one & I didn't even learn that it was for Alien until several years later.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I liked it.

Liked this one as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyuRdsik_P0

Shard fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 22, 2018

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Krankenstyle posted:

whoa 55, I thought he was early 40s. e: okay 47

But yea I just remember him being all handsome back when Jackass season 1 premiered

Jackass is almost 20 years old

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

kiimo posted:

The kid was great in Hunt for the Wilderpeople, so I really hope he has a bigger part in the story. I'll definitely wait for reviews before going tough, I liked the first one, but I'm not super confident if it will still be funny.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

If it's anything like Spy, I'd be happy.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I, Butthole posted:

Jackass is almost 20 years old

No poo poo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

AlternateAccount posted:

It’s a trailer for the digital release of the films. Its not meant to exist before the films existence. It’s fine to have that line in.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

It’s a trailer for the digital release of the films. Its not meant to exist before the films existence. It’s fine to have that line in.

Yeah, 99% of new trailers for old films are some nerd jerking off and aren't designed to entice the uninitiated thru tact and artfulness.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
The VVitch, but it's in the Alps, and how can I see it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_last886efA

married but discreet fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 23, 2018

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The Alien trailer might be the best trailer ever released, in large part because of the sound design

I also kind of love that there are no shots of the alien at all. Like, no dark silhouette shots or anything alluding to a huge hulking loving monster. Just your imagination and a bunch of hosed up stuff

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Fartbox posted:

The Alien trailer might be the best trailer ever released, in large part because of the sound design

I also kind of love that there are no shots of the alien at all. Like, no dark silhouette shots or anything alluding to a huge hulking loving monster. Just your imagination and a bunch of hosed up stuff

Yeah, the propulsive bit at the end where it just smashes the viewer with a weird juxtaposition of unsettling images in the span of 5 seconds is pretty :black101:

I can see something like that being somewhat in bad taste back 1979 but reflecting on it by the standards of today it seems rather experimental. It feels a bit out of time as well, like an actual, subversive early 1970s film even though Star Wars has already come along and shown everyone a taste of a newer, safer, commodified cinema. The original Alien trailer plays a lot like the trailer for The Exorcist from 6 years earlier in that it really limits what it shows...but manages to scare the viewer with complex sound design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDGw1MTEe9k

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 23, 2018

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

married but discreet posted:

Well, I'm thoroughly loving unsettled.
Count me in.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hel yeah.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Apparently this is a crowdfunded film school grad project that turned out really good.

No idea how to get my hands on it though.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Eli Roth's kids movie looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQGA42-U0Ro

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 27, 2018

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Loved the books as a kid and I'm sort of surprised it took this long for someone to adapt them. Roth's an interesting pick for it, and probably better than some random journeyman

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I momentarily misread the title as The House with a Cock in Its Walls. Then I misheard the first line of dialogue in the trailer proper as "do you hear the dicking?"

It's still early in the morning where I am, and I barely slept last night.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

While I'm not entirely sold on Jack Black's performance, I was a sucker for these books as a kid.

It's a pity that they'll probably cut out one of the best scenes, where the main character is stalked by a series of increasingly grotesque statues that only move when out of his vision, because of its overt similarity to Doctor Who.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

QuoProQuid posted:

While I'm not entirely sold on Jack Black's performance, I was a sucker for these books as a kid.

It's a pity that they'll probably cut out one of the best scenes, where the main character is stalked by a series of increasingly grotesque statues that only move when out of his vision, because of its overt similarity to Doctor Who.

There's a scene in The Shining like that.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So New Mutants and Dark Phoenix got pushed out, so have...this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olb97DDMitk

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Don't expect New Mutants anytime soon if ever.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

kiimo posted:

Don't expect New Mutants anytime soon if ever.

Why? I was actually interested in that :(

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I guess never releasing it is better than having a Justice League?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Maybe Disney can fix it someday.

vvvvv Pushed into the "maybe someday" is more like it

kiimo fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 29, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hollismason posted:

It got delayed again.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

It's that bad, huh?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Is it worse than The Predator?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What's happening is that Fox keeps pushing for more and more reshoots which the director is supposedly not happy about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

kiimo posted:

It actually a release date, but it's in August 2019 or something.

• Locked thread