Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

kaujot posted:

Paul Thomas Anderon's The Master gets a trailer (teaser? Whatever, it's finally here!) and it is hypnotic.

That's putting my butt in a theatre seat. Also, that's an interesting aspect ratio for PTA to use...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqAeVosG4zI

Intense.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Vegetable posted:

I'm mostly excited by the potential of the film from all the talent involved. But I do think the trailer looks pretty and acutely conveys a kind of lovestruck sentimentality. It's precisely what a teaser should do IMO.
Chazelle following up Whiplash with an original Hollywood musical feels like the kind of go-for-broke passion project I'll always be interested in.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Then we'll see video of the dog under duress from the film crew as it continually tries and fails to get that right 'bark', all under the supervision of the American Humane Association

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the absolute worst titles are the ones that are just a first or last name, like Paterson. it blows my mind that Paul Thomas Anderson thought Sydney would've been a better title than Hard Eight.
Paterson is the wrong example to use, though, since the title works on three levels.

• Locked thread