Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
If one of my books is ever made into a movie, I want Two Steps From Hell's 'Chopperhead' to be the trailer music. You could use it over the trailer for On Golden Pond and it would make it seem like the most kick-rear end thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Sounds like someone saw the Transformers 3 trailer and went "That BA-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA-BAMMM! hook was pretty cool. Can we have something that sounds almost but not quite exactly like it?"

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Cliffhanger. No dialogue, just 'Dies Irae' thundering out and Stallone! Mountains! Machine guns! John Lithgow! Bats! Helicopters! Explosions! People falling from great heights! HANG ON!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The weird thing about F&F4 is that they shot real cars on a stage and comped them into CG tunnels, which seems like a lot more work than just doing the whole thing as CG in the first place. (It also made everything look as fake as the jet-bike chase from the end of Torque.)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

twoot posted:

I think directors are having longer CG shots with more complex camera movements. A long pan of a CG landscape gives your eye lots of time to pick up on the fakeness, when several years ago the CG shots would be shorter with a fixed camera and used more sparingly.
To me, there's also the issue of lighting: because everything is CG, the director can have exactly the light they want. And in these big, sweeping, impossible-flyby destruction shots, it always seems to be Magic Hour. As a result, they all look the goddamn same. Why can't the world end when it's overcast and mildly drizzling for once?

I rather miss the pre-CG days, when this stuff was A: horribly expensive on a per-frame basis, and B: really hard to do. (Cinefex was a much more interesting read, too.)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Well, at least there's a new Matt Damon/Paul Greengrass Bourne movie for me to look forward to. Everything else, though... I can't summon up any enthusiasm whatever. Seriously, nine loving superhero movies next year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The 2nd trailer for Inception and the song for it are loving awesome and it's ridiculous that the song (Mind Heist) isn't in the soundtrack.
That's okay, you can find it on the Transformers 3 soundtrack under the name 'It's Our Fight'. :v:

• Locked thread