Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

One movie that always comes to mind when thinking about trailers is Cellular, a pretty stupid and forgettable semi-comedic thriller that was re-cut to look super dramatic and suspenseful. If you've actually seen the movie (which like, eight people have) you'll understand how different the two are in tone. It's quite remarkable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2-wO0kG8as

And this is always good for a laugh when discussing common trailer tropes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbhrz1-4hN4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I love that Amitabh Bachchan is going to be in this movie.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Ryan Gosling Has a Dopey Face.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Ryan Gosling Has a Dopey Face.

By that I mean, he constantly displays the expression of someone who is not intelligent. A simpleton, a dunderhead, a puzzlewit, if you will. Someone should tell him.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Gosling rules and I could see him getting to levels like DiCaprio who people thought was just a pretty face as well.

Yeah, he does have a pretty face...

A pretty STUPID one! :twisted:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The question of whether or not Deckard is a Replicant is more interesting in its ambiguity than in definitively coming down on one side or the other.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Reagan/Bush yard sign was a nice jumpscare.

I literally cannot wait, this is the only TV show I don't think is a boring piece of crap, even though it's not really TV you feel me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

My opinion of the Tomb Raider trailer: Kinda eh but Alicia Vikander's lats make me feel inadequate as a person. I have to do more rows at the gym.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

This doesn't make me want to see the movie, but it does hella make me wanna replay TR2013.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The movie adaptation should have just focused on the game narrative's transformation of one posh archaeology grad into history's greatest killing machine the second she picks up a compound bow.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Lara Croft is ripped af, I guess archaeology grads at Oxford are doing 100 pullups a day now.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I caught a little bit of the first Tomb Raider movie on TV a few months ago and it has not aged well. Not like they were spectacular works of art to begin with but everything about it suffers from "hey I hear kids these days like the Matrix, how can we make this exactly like the Matrix."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Charlize Theron was so so good in Young Adult. Will probably watch whatever this is.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

drat. She owns.

Here is a movie with Saoirse Ronan that references a bird in the title. The whiteness factor here is off the charts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gc6Orz5XtI

I also have no idea what the tone of this movie is, besides "uncomfortable" and "confusing".

Edit: Although watching this trailer makes me want a live action remake of When Marnie Was There starring Saoirse Ronan as Marnie.

It's a movie adaptation of the Seagull, a very famous play by Anton Chekov. And like all Chekov plays it's full of misery and people never getting what they want. They probably loaded all the scenes with people actually smiling into the trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Knoxville is just preparing himself to play Steve Bannon in the Trump biopic 10 years from now.

• Locked thread