Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Maarak posted:

I'd like to think this is just a tip off that Depp's character is kind of a poo poo. It's not like uploaded intelligences have keyboards to make typos on, that's deliberate.

I hope they have to break the code embedded in his typos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

There's a new trailer out for The Raid 2. I thought the first one was good but exhausting.

morestuff fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 31, 2013

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

AA is for Quitters posted:

Someone who does this for a living, please explain how the hell you make bad movies look watchable? I just had to cut together a 30s spot for this godawful DTV Jesse James movie and...it was painful. But yet, I see fantastic trailers for godawful movies all the time. (IE I Am Legend)

That Jesse James movie probably didn't have an Oscar-winning DP shooting it like I Am Legend did.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Did they film that ending because people bring it up so much that I'm probably mistakenly thinking it was.

Google didn't turn up anything about this. What was it?

schwenz posted:

I don't think so. But a really rabid fan could probably pull it off with some effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEnhXM1h9z0

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

Even more interesting he spends the entire film sitting down playing an old German man. Every Hardy film I've seen, even the good ones, have focused on his physique. I hope it works out for him.

It got really good reviews when it played the festivals, so he'll probably be fine.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Cameron Diaz is so irritating in comedies.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

This one is hard to beat.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Yeah, this is one of my all time favorites.

The trailer for the first one is aces, too.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

The CGI in Rise of the Planet of the Apes was terrific, and I assume this one will be as good or better. The makeup in the 1968 original wasn't 100 percent convincing as talking monkey people but it was still an incredible achievement.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

What's the difference? It's all illusion on a screen.

I dunno, there's a pretty big difference between background stuff and what's basically puppetry.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

"Their noses aren't the same as I remember" is some all-time whiny bullshit.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Jewmanji posted:

That's a really bad trailer, but I have no doubt the movie is going to be fantastic. Can't wait. I hope when they re-cut the trailer they ditch the thing about it taking 12 years with one actor- it gives the whole venture a bit of a gimmicky vibe that it doesn't deserve.

I'm very excited for the movie, but come on. The gimmick is by far the most interesting thing to sell.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

kiimo posted:

Cinderella live-action.

Uh they really put the tease in teaser but I still got not-manly goosebumps from this minimalist approach.

http://video.disney.com/watch/disney-s-cinderella-teaser-trailer-4f8d384ccd2b9a636ec97e78

That looks really uncomfortable to wear.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vco0SpSz17g
Trailer for Big Hero 6, the first animated team up between Disney and Marvel.

That's cute. These little promotional shorts work really well for them.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

kiimo posted:

Our trailer for This Is Where I Leave You, wherein we completely remove all references to the Jewish word "shiva" as movie studios are godless heathens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0cEP0mvlU

That's a pretty terrific cast.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

DivisionPost posted:

It's from the guys who made Devil so you probably wouldn't be missing out.

The script was really the biggest problem with that movie, though. I thought it was well-done for what it was.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

kiimo posted:

I actually think the best Rocky moment in all the movies didn't even have Rocky in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sutS7C7WQSc

Nah:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Spikeguy posted:

Looks great. Wonderful remix of Crazy. And am I crazy or did I miss Michael Keaton's name when they did all the actor pop ups at the end? That seems strange if he's the star of the film.

Not at the end, but he got a card about 40 seconds in.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Looks interesting and I love Tim Blake Nelson, but I got no idea from that trailer what the movie is actually about

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Anyone want to spoil it for me?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I love the mysterious build-up of Grey followed by the big reveal of this goofy fart face

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Yeah that was really funny. I dunno what I was expecting but it wasn't that.

He's not an unattractive guy but he's clearly going for smoldering there and whiffing really hard.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

(Most of) The Hateful Eight trailer has been leaked. Not much to it, but it looks nice and confirms the movie will be screened in 70mm.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Keanue Reeves is…DOG GONE

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Hey, hey.

Why are the Matrix sequels seen as crap?

I think a lot of people were attracted to the mystery of the first one and some of the second. That's part of why you see such disgust for The Architect's explainer speech and the more straightforward third one. I don't think they really benefit from the bigger scope, either.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

(it was a joke about the fact that there's an active thread right now called "Why are the Matrix sequels seen as crap?")

(the answer is "because they are crap")

I'm dumb.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I want to see real computer hacking in a movie like I want to see Mel Gibson and Danny Glover doing interviews and paperwork.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Disney's been cutting a lot of their trailers like short films recently, and it's a terrific decision.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

It's just weird that a glorified script doctor gets blamed for so much.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

bows1 posted:

Wait Aronofsky did a Harry Potter?!

edit - Also regarding Avengers 2, isnt that Quicksilver from the new X-Men? Whats he doing there?

A complicated rights agreement that neither side feels like suing each other over, as far as I can tell.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

Teaser trailer for Ex Machina, from the writer of 28 Days Later and Sunshine. I feel kinda cold on it, but that may be because it's not based on the comic book series of the same name. But from the writing credentials, it's good to see that the trailer shows the tonal shift that the movie will inevitably have halfway through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-HiQ9K2uf4

Oscar Isaac is a chameleon.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Furious 7 trailer.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I wasn't really expecting something so cornball.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

kiimo posted:

Can anybody think of a trailer in like the last five years that had butt shots in it? Male or Female, even if partially covered.

I'm pushing back on the MPAA who is being ridiculous. I'm wondering if Neighbors or some other comedy had something like that.

What does "partially covered" mean? First thought was the Spring Breakers red band, and this is the closest it comes:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Looks like ol' Matty Mc is going to be Randall Flagg, as per The Guardian. C/D Tars Tarkas?

Great casting, four films blecchh

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

The theater down the street from where I live is apparently going to be one of nine playing the new Star Wars trailer this weekend. I picked a good time to get out of town.

morestuff fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 24, 2014

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Definitely going to be landscape shots, a few close ups of the main characters, ominous narration, light saber sound, millennium falcon flyby.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Where is my Star Wars

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

morestuff posted:

Definitely going to be landscape shots, a few close ups of the main characters, ominous narration, light saber sound, millennium falcon flyby.

So close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Good lord, who cares

• Locked thread