Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
When I think movie trailers, the one that sticks in my head is the original trailer for Tom Cruise's Mission: Impossible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbg99ykA2bk
I was pissed when I saw the film & realized the climax of the movie (the helicopter exploding in the train tunnel) was spoiled for me. Why give away the best part of the movie in the preview?

Another one that bothers me is The Negotiator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XyyPQERH7E
A possible powerful scene (Kevin Spacey teams up with Samuel L. Jackson) is spoiled right in the trailer.

Movies should follow the "less is more" concept when making trailers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The latest Brave tv commercial featured music by the Dropkick Murphy's "I'm Shipping Up to Boston." They're an Irish punk band. :negative:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
From the latest Zero Dark Thirty trailer I'm getting the feeling this will be told from the female CIA character's viewpoint. In the book No Easy Day she's identified as "Jane" and she's supposedly the one that figures out that OBL is in Abbatobad. If this is the case I'm actually excited for this movie since I've already read the raid from a DEVGRU's point of view.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It's pretty late, but I remember seeing a trailer for Zero Dark Thirty on NBC's week 17 Sunday Night Football (Redskins vs. Cowboys). It was cut with all the Operation Neptune scenes with DEVGRU kicking down doors & going all :bustem: . This gives me Mission Impossible vibes where the biggest action scene/climax is shown in the trailer. I understand why they cut the trailer this way (action for the football crowds) but I worry it really sold the movie as an action flick when in reality it's going to be more procedural. The Operation Neptune Spear scene is the last 1/2 hour of the film at most.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I liked the original Image Comics series, even though it had nothing in common with the final movie. The movie itself was pretty meh, and I'd only want to see this sequel i I have nothing better to do with my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
What makes this interesting is that ESPN/Grantland's Bill "Sports Guy" Simmons is one of the Executive Producers.

• Locked thread