Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It is gonna be super weird if Chadwick Boseman is stuck with what Civil War gave him while Michael B Jordan gets to be his charismatic self.

I have faith that Coogler will give Boseman a lot of room to play, but it'll have to be some Solo Movie Cap vs. Avengers Cap level of change for me to get on his side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

BonoMan posted:

I see what you did there.

Anyway I wouldn't think it would flop or anything...just that it wouldn't do as big as other Marvel movies.

Although it looks better than most Marvel movies.

Marvel movies make money. Even Ant-Man did as well or better than the first Captain America or Thor movies. Black Panther even has the extra push of kind of being a Civil War spinoff.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Deakul posted:

So avengers 1 and civil war are the worst Marvel movies? Lol ok

And Ultron, yeah.

No, Civil War is mid-level. Some good stuff, some bad stuff.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Deakul posted:

So this is what delusion looks like in text form, neat. I can agree about Ultron but not the other two.

"You're delusional! ...except I agree with you about one movie and like another one a little more than you!"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

AlternateAccount posted:

If you mean 1986 Cameron, yes. But join me in the difficult acceptance that the Cameron we love died on the Titanic.

The guy has absolutely vanished so far up his own rear end that even one of those high dollar submersibles he's so big on couldn't find him.

I mean, he's done one bad movie since Titanic and maybe two(?) bad movies total. I'm just as unexcited for endless Avatar sequels as the next guy, but I'd still be excited about Cameron doing literally any other film.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Good to see Dren from Splice getting more work.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

More specifically, Dren rules.

No one talk poo poo about Dren.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I only watched Splice for the first time this year thanks to the good folks at CineD singing its praises. I was so wrong to put it off for so long.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I saw most of that Beautiful Creatures movie for the first time on TV a little while ago. I didn't hate it, surprisingly, but it's hilarious how much better it would have been as just a teen romance film set in South Carolina with the backdrop of old, feuding families. All of the witch stuff was real drat boring, but Emmy Rossum was doing a decent Eva Green impression.

That Alden Ehrenreich guy was solid too.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I've been pretty down on the idea of this (mostly because I want a Detective Loki series of films if we're getting Villeneuve sequels) but that trailer got me excited.

Jeffrey Donovan's dumb moustache, nerdy Operator Josh Brolin and my boy Benicio drew me back in. It's also hilarious to see "Sicario saga" in a trailer.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

married but discreet posted:

Jennifer's Body was unexpectedly good.

It definitely is.

I've seen it getting some love lately, which is awesome. I remember really digging it when it came out, but I think that was the height of the Juno/Diablo Cody backlash, so lots of people didn't like it or even see it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

scary ghost dog posted:

i had never heard of A Perfect Getaway before i walked in the theater and thats one of the best movie experiences ive ever had

Mad underrated movie. Love it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I remember seeing a trailer a while ago, but I assumed it was because it was showing at a festival and hadn't been picked up yet. I'm glad Netflix grabbed it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Emilio's death terrified me when I was a kid.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

clown shoes posted:

Is this Venom supposed to be in the same universe as Spiderman: Homcoming?

Yeah.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

AlternateAccount posted:

LOL I absolutely lost it at the nerds running down the sidewalk in VR goggles.

I'm howling.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Hollismason posted:

I dunno Spielbergs never made a truly awful film so I'll probably see Ready Player One

Always? The Terminal?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

clown shoes posted:

The Big loving Giant was a box office bomb but was it any good?

It's all right. Better than The Post but not as good as Bridge of Spies or Lincoln.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Vintersorg posted:

Heat and Collateral are the only things worth a poo poo.

Like, ever?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

It's honestly annoying that sexy beard professor Jude Law is in a movie that I couldn't care less about.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I mean, right?!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Yeah, Civil War was the best Avengers movie, and it's still very forgettable, so my hopes aren't high.

Some of the Wakanda shots looked all right, so I'm not surprised the guy who shot District 9 and Chappie shot this.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The MSJ posted:

Sicario 2: Day of The Soldado, where Alejandro pulls a Logan with the girl from Transformers 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIMChzE_aCo

I went from having less than zero interest in this film to being pretty hyped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Sicario is an all-timer, but I have no problem with a sequel that dumps the main character and reverses all of the themes and politics of the first movie, although I'm not sold on that being the case here.

Basically, I'm fine if this ends up being a better written, acted and shot version of those DTV Jarhead sequels.

• Locked thread