Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Gaga
Sep 20, 2009
It looks like an interesting adaptation. I like that it seems like the director is kind of taking it his own direction stylistically a bit instead of trying to make a serious duplicate of the book and its settings and character descriptions. I liked that the eyes of T.J. Eckleburg were there too!

The music choice at first seems jarring but the use of more modern music is used for grounding. It's saying, "These people are living in a different time, but they are actually pretty similar to us."

It doesn't really give you much information about what the story is about though. But how would you make a movie trailer for a story like The Great Gatsby? I've been thinking about this since I saw the trailer this morning and can't really come up with any compelling ideas. It's really not a narrative that you can introduce easily in a 2 minute trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread