Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Robert Denby posted:

So besides Cameron, there's another director fond of the 'special shoot' teaser; none other than Steven Spielberg, who has had to my knowledge seven films with these kinds of trailers.

He didn't direct the movie but I always liked this special shoot teaser for Back to the Future, I am sure Speilberg had a hand in it somewhere along the line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsQRLkL8OlQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Cacator posted:

T2 kind of ruins the twist itself once it starts playing "Bad to the Bone".

I've posted about this in the past but I recall on opening night that there were quite a few gasps in the theatre when Arnie jumps to protect John in the mall. A friend of mine who saw it with me had no idea that Arnie was going to be the good guy so some people were suprised, just not many. We saw the 7pm show and lined up for hours to see it, to say we were blown away is an understatement, that movie was just so ahead of it's time.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Is Nimrod in DOFP or was that another storyline?

I liked the trailer as well but I think too much was revealed.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Maxwell Lord posted:

He's officially banned from craft services tables now.

I know I should know what this is a reference to but I am very tired right now...?

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
People always say that Tom Cruise isn't aging but Keanu looks loving great for 50

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Zedd posted:

It looks really corny and lame, but I do like the idea of recruiting chavs and turning them into gentlemen-spy-ninja-superheroes.

La Femme Nikita did it first and did it really, really well

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Eisenburg really does make some good choices, his agent must be aces.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Is there a lot of nudity in Risky Business? I can't remember.

My very cool grade 4 teacher showed us Logan's Run on a rainy day, she forgot to fast forward the nudity but I don't think it was a big deal. Of course, she'd be disciplined for that today.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I loved Cloverfield, the theatre that I saw it in had signs all over the lobby saying "If you suffer from motion sickness DO NOT SEE CLOVERFIELD" and my friends and I were like "haha, yeah right" and a young asian kid burst out of the theatre and vomited all over the garbage can right beside us. One of my friends left after about 30 minutes, the next made it to about 50 minutes. Fun, I cannot believe it came out 8 years ago!

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Action Jacktion posted:

The first trailer for 1989's Batman was pretty unusual:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyozzozRsCk

No narration, no music, not much of an attempt at a narrative, but it was very popular when it was released because no one had ever seen anything like it before. I think people paid for a movie just to see the trailer, maybe the first time that happened.

I think that the general movie goer was like "A movie about a comic book guy?" and comic-book nerds were pissed that a comedic actor had been cast as Bruce Wayne. My local comic book shop had a petition at the front desk to get Keaton's role re-cast.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
One of my favourite Jeff Goldblum movies is Into the Night. It is a bit like Scorsece's After Hours and the director, John Landis, has a lot of fun with cameos. Everyone is in this movie, I mean everyone.

Also, David Bowie is the bad guy.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Is the whole trilogy worth checking out? They're the only Refn movies I've never seen (holy poo poo I had no idea Fear X was Hubert Selby Jr and Refn working together, RIP)

I think they are great and my favourite of the three is the second one, Mads Mikkelsen is just so great in it.

My favourite Refn movie is Valhalla Rising, it is just nuts and, again, Mikkelsen is excellent.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I wonder if The Last Boyscout holds up? I haven't seen it in 20 years but I remember liking it and all the one-liners.

Does Iron Man 3 have a lot of Shaneblackness to it?

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I'm an old goon who saw both The Empire Strikes Back and T2 in the theatre, super happy that they were not spoiled for me. We'd heard rumours about T2 but it was just that, a rumour. Probably helped that I saw it on opening night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I saw CitW on Netflix and had heard good things about it so I went in blind and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil was pretty good too.

• Locked thread