Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToG
Feb 17, 2007
Rory Gallagher Wannabe
I've just bought a replacement motherboard for my old desktop PC and need a new GPU. What would be a good match with an Intel Q6600, 4GB Ram (800mhz) machine. I had a 8800GT back in the day but I sold it. Is that a decent GPU for this level of stuff?

My budget is <£50 (70-80USD) and I've no quams buying used. Just looking an indication of where to look (i.e. ATI/NVideo and possibly a range to look at)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToG
Feb 17, 2007
Rory Gallagher Wannabe
Yeah there's some decent ones on ebay but they're ALL auctions. What's the equivalent Nvidia card to that thing?

ToG fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 22, 2012

ToG
Feb 17, 2007
Rory Gallagher Wannabe

HalloKitty posted:

This is probably the most GPU you'll get for that money:
http://www.ebuyer.com/280038-powercolor-hd-6670-1gb-ddr3-dvi-vga-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card-ax6670-1gbk3-h

Yes, there's an MSI for a couple of quid less, but this just pushes you over the £50 needed for free 5 day delivery.

Had a look on ebay for you, and I didn't see anything that stood out in that price range.

I found this which gave the the sort of anchor I was looking for. That 6670 looks like the one to be, I might spend a few more quid on a better make though.

Cheers for the help.

edit: Looks like ebuyer want £10 for delivery. I'll look elsewhere.

ToG fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 23, 2012