Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Agreed posted:

Or, let UNIGINE Heaven 3.0 go on its merry loop and you'll find out real quick what kind of stability your overclock has. Heaven is my favorite, both because they've consistently sorta one-upped Futuremark for relevance despite it being a freeware product; because there's no manual dicking around required, it auto-loops through a scene where every camera hard change is testing/showing off something new and DX11, so if you want to, feel free to just let it run for awhile and if you come back to a driver crash you know to reduce clocks; and you can monitor it to see if you've got shader artifacts, geometry issues, etc. and help narrow down what isn't working right.

Heaven is also the first benchmark for OS X since the Radeon 9600 days! :woz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Cryolite posted:

Where can people safely buy/sell used video cards? ebay? craigslist?

I can only speak for OCAU but I assume most US based PC enthusiast websites would be about the same.

I've bought and resold my last 3 video cards (4870, 5870, GTX580) from people who simply must upgrade to the latest thing.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

On the PSU wattage thing, I didn't see anyone mention so I thought I'd point out that the total wattage of your PSU is completely meaningless without knowing the amperage on the 12V rail(s).

Some companies make great PSUs with almost all the total wattage available on the useful 12V rail.
Some companies make lovely PSUs with significant amounts of the total wattage on the practically useless 5V rail. I assume it's a cheaper way to get an inflated figure for the front of the box.
Some companies make both!

34+A on the 12V seems to be a good amount for a decent CPU with some overclock, reasonably good GPU, and a drive or two.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Factory Factory posted:

It's GPGPU hair simulation built by ... SquareEnix.

It all makes sense now.