Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

One of the last true gentlemen left alive . ';,,,,,,,,;'
Some Australian retailers have the 4070 super available for order today, and due to some amazing pricing from NVIDIA the cheapest one is $10 less than the 4070ti starting price, and about $250 more than the basic 4070, and the ti super is due to be over $300 AUD more. Really amazing launch over here to completely gently caress the value proposition of the entire product line up.

Edit: Actually I'm kinda talking crap. A couple stores have partner model specific pricing visible through pc parts picker, but not available to purchase. Hopefully some of them undercut the RRP since Nvidia's proposed pricing over here doesn't make much sense.

Mahatma-Squid fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

Fallows posted:

Well then It looks legit! But drat that sucks i've been fretting over a GPU because of that site for a long time lmao.

Guess I'm gonna just get the 4070 and enjoy it.

I recently grabbed a 4070 as an upgrade to my 5700xt and I've been really happy with it, I was planning on grabbing a 5700x3d to replace my 3600 (which doesn't even run stable with CPB so even slower than usual) but it's been enough of an overall improvement that I'm putting off the CPU upgrade for a while.

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

FuturePastNow posted:

Shouldn't be too hard to mod a fake fireplace display into the side of that

Needs to be tied to power consumption, idle on desktop? Barely glowing, oced 14900k and 4090 running at max load? So bright it almost hurts to look at, and instantly attracts any and all cats in a 100m radius.