Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoKnives
Dec 25, 2004

Horrible, horrible shoes!

Soul Glo posted:

Quick question, would a 1 GB Radeon HD 7570 be okay for games around Diablo 3 caliber?

I can't answer, but it would be helpful to know the resolution of your screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoKnives
Dec 25, 2004

Biggest human being Ever posted:

I'd like to see more Euphoria and PhysX stuff too, but I think the reason we're not getting it is because it can't be seen in screenshots, while stuff like a higher poly count and whatever shaders do can.

There has to be more to it than that. When's the last time you bought a game without seeing a Youtube clip of it first? Maybe it's expensive to license or difficult to implement.

TwoKnives
Dec 25, 2004

If Broadwell delivers another doubling of GPU power, which discrete cards in today's market would that make it roughly equivalent to?

TwoKnives
Dec 25, 2004

Factory Factory posted:

This is just a guesstimate, so I'll spell out the logic.

HD 4000 benches Skyrim 1366x768 medium detail at 46 FPS. Haswell GT3 manages about the same if not a little better (exact FPS not disclosed) at 1920x1080 High detail. So the question is "What pushes Skyrim on High at 1080p around 90 FPS?"

And gently caress if I'm doing that rigorously by reverse-engineering benchmarks to get res and detail scaling for Skyrim, so 90 FPS, minus about a third to match up with MSAA-enabled benchmarks...

GeForce 460/Radeon 6850/Radeon 7770.

Perfect, thank you. I was thinking and hoping that it would be near to a 7770, but wasn't sure how to work it out.