Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Final Fantasy 1 was the first (and one of the only) games I ever bought completely blind. Everything other NES game I owned I had either rented or borrowed from someone beforehand. Basically I saw the name and it caught my eye, possibly because it made me think of Phantasy Star. My brother and I were completely blown away by the fact that you could make up the party any way you wanted and really liked when the starting classes "grew up" into the advanced ones.

Since then I've enjoyed all the ones that I've played, to varying degrees. Haven't touched XIV (and probably won't), or XIII-2 yet although I might eventually pick it up.

Number VI is my favorite, and the only one that I've actually beaten more than once, all the other games' re-plays always fizzle out after a while. It's also the one that I've bought the most times: the original on SNES, then on PS1 and GBA too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kinda late for music-chat but if you like moogles and also "This is Halloween" from A Nightmare Before Christmas, boy does FFXIV have the song for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCcbKY7d0dc

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

forbidden lesbian posted:

every time you play a final fantasy god kills a kitten. please think about the kittens.

:ohdear:

Anyway, FFXIV is the best FF game i've played in yeeeeaaaarrrss.
Bravely Default is cool tho.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Im a Pavlovian dog, and the final fantasy battle victory theme is my bell

In a moment of supreme nerdery I made it the ringtone for my phone making the rare occasions when someone calls (instead of texting like a normal person) that much more exciting.