Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I never played the earlier Final Fantasies, but I understand one of them - and I'm not sure which - has an unbelievably great ending. Is it 6? I remember reading either a really long post or an offsite link that explained the whole ending and why it was so great, but I have since forgotten the specifics.

Strenuous Manflurry fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Pringles_School posted:

On that note, what did they do to Itou?

Cursory Google search came up with nothing at all of late. That's odd.

In a similar note, did Matsuno actually suffer a nervous breakdown while making Final Fantasy XII, or was that some sort of cover story? Or did I make it up?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Revenant Wings is a game I can hardly remember playing, so I think that means the story isn't particularly stupid, nor was it remarkable. I think SSNeoman is right in saying it does a good job developing Vaan and Penelo. I also remember there being an optional boss run if you're after 100% completion that are just utterly impossible to beat, so beware of that.

Wonder if anyone has an opinion of Final Fantasy games on the DS, from best to worst?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Been meaning to ask this question forever, but I always forget, so here goes. Is it a staple of Japanese video games and/or animation that characters do the ridiculous dramatic breathing thing (like this ridiculous thing) or is it just Final Fantasy? Or is it in localization? I remember Vanille in particular gasping all the time in XIII, and it just comes off as so weird to me.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Listen okay I need to know if Fang and Vanille kiss DO THEY KISS.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Can someone explain why the PC copies of Final Fantasy even have lovely midi music?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Someone earlier posted it took longer for Square-Enix to release the HD remaster for Final Fantasy X/X-2 than it took to develop 10 the first time around. Is that actually true? I mean, I get they remastered both X and its sequel, but still.