Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Auron was killed by Yunalesca, wasn't he? Maybe all the other guardians went the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I think part of why I like Steiner so much is that he's a huge fanboy for Vivi and it's adorable.
I think Kain is popular because he has a cool design (Even though he wasn't always the best attacker I THOUGHT he was as a kid because he looked cooler and I was bad at math/paying attention) and Jump is a cool ability, in the same way, where it's flashy and useful but ultimately a little counterproductive (look, all your mages are dead because Kain wasn't there to tank any hits!). As an actual character he is dumb as beans and I hated him when I played FF4. I liked him in Dissidia because I thought the jumping-style attacking was neat and he was voiced by :swoon: Liam O'Brien :swoon: and he looked cool.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I beat everything in the Bravely Default demo, it's pretty much shot the game to the top of my must-have list. I don't have high hopes for the plot, but the gameplay was a lot of fun. The jobs seem to synergize well, except maybe Dark Mage and Freelancer, and the brave/default system is a great twist on turn-based combat. My biggest complaint would be that the last three bosses felt pretty similar, in terms of their attacks, so I hope the main game has more variation there. There was a good variety among normal enemies abilities, so that's promising.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

Bravely Default technically isn't Final Fantasy. If little things like removing chocobos and renaming dragoons to valkyries is somehow necessary for them to make an enjoyable RPG, I'm all for it.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

No. It's just a self-imposed challenge/a joke item. I think if FFIX were a modern game that those items would change everyone's models, which would be great. I'd like to think Steiner would wear his Hawaiian gear over his armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

You could do it both ways, similar to how the FJF has variations like a Natural run (everyone gets a job from their one crystal and THAT IS IT NO SWITCHING NO SIR) or Hard mode and so on. One mode gives you four jobs from the different chapters, with an additional role to decide which of the chapters you get jobs from, another mode lets you do NG+ and rolls from all the jobs at once, etc. I don't really see a problem with a 5-job fiesta either, it just adds an extra tool to work with. Could be an easy mode.