Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
snow suit take 28 damage from the final boss's physical attack that should be doing 1000+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

I would pay a lot of money for Final Fantasy Madden.

final fantasy football sounds like a loving cash cow gacha game waiting to happen

v isn't it because most summons only happen under very specific circumstances and ramuh is the only one that works everywhere

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Veib posted:

Harder? Yeah, sure. Hard? Not really, no.

FF8 is not a particularly difficult game and this goon obsession that you absolutely must break it on your first run simply because you can is loving weird.

i highly recommend breaking ff8 on your first playthrough because have you ever played that poo poo without understanding junctions? we were all twelve once

and yes, breaking ff8 is extremely binary. you're a million miles ahead of the strength curve by junctioning 100 fira, or even 100 firaga, to anybody's strength and you don't even need to do all the arcane triple triad card mod poo poo. or quake, that's another insanely powerful junction that you can get off sacred just by doing sidequests on the fist disc. nobody needs 255 str, you can get by with like >100 and you're golden even if you grinded to max level by accident.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 14, 2019

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Elephant Ambush posted:

LOL this train sequence is stupid as hell and for some reason all my junctions got undone between the save point and the president boss fight so welp doing it all over again. :downs:

When should I use this lamp?

you should've used it as soon as you got it so you could have enc-none by now

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DeadButDelicious posted:

GAH all this chat about FFVIII is making me want to boot it up because I played it straight as a youth and didn't break it over my knee. :(

i beat ultima weapon without understanding junctioning at all

not entirely sure how i did it but it sucked a lot

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
basically anyone would've been more interesting than leon, except perhaps josef

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it also works much later in the game on abadon but it has a miss chance because it has at least 10k hp

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It does fit the game perfectly.

Because it's trash.

Just like ff12.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
you could always grind on the peninsula of power but the actual way you're supposed to do this poo poo is, you explore dungeons and open treasure boxes to get the bulk of your funds. they're extremely long marathon runs, so by the time you get out you can afford all the spells of the level you should've had going into the dungeon :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
episode gladio happens at like ch7 or so, you'll know when to play it

episode prompto should be done during ch12 (11?), again you'll know when to play it

episode ignis technically takes place during the stuff in altissia but it straight up has an alternate ending to the entire game, so you should wait on it until after you finish the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Schwartzcough posted:

You can waste time in VIII drawing from enemies, or you can waste time playing the card game over and over and over again, including figuring out who has worthwhile cards and what cards mod into. Pick your poison, they both require/waste a lot of time.

you could always waste your time doing 300 damage per hit to the final boss