Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Use every summon you have, pray that it doesn't force you to switch parties around. That's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I actually enjoyed Crisis Core's and Type-0's combat. I have no idea what the gently caress happened with XV.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Brother Entropy posted:

what makes it look like a bad game

It's called Final Fantasy, by definition it already is bad.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

some guy on the bus posted:

Despite beating FF7 multiple times and loving it, I can't think of one exciting or interesting battle. The best that can be said about it was some of the summons were cool to look at.

I remember dying to the claw robot boss before the submarine mini-game, that was fun for a change.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
What FF7 actually needs is a patch for the music in the PS4 version. Thanks for not caring, SE.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The only interesting villain XII had wasn't even in the main game. (It's Marche, he's the best villain Ivalice has.)

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Cinnamon Bear posted:

FF Tactics Advance and FFV were my first FF games and they will always be dear to me.

I never finished either of them.

Anyway, I'm going to pick up a PS4 this week. Should I pick up FF X/X-2 HD, FF XV, or World of FF? I'm sure I'll get all of them eventually, though.

Get the X collection, it's the cheapest and arguably has some of the best games in the series, you can get the rest when they go on sale.

And finish V at least, you monster.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Pretty much every FF villain wants to destroy the world for funsies. Exdeath, Kefka, Seph, Kuja kinda, ehh.. Seymour..? I think he wanted to be the new magical Tick that destroyed things though.

Catberry posted:

That makes a bit of sense I guess.

On another note I also didn't know that Jenovas body was an actual humanoid female. I know the chamber had a head but I thought that was a mechanical device made by shinra. The few glimpses of Jenova this is what I saw.

That's what Jenova looks like after Seph cuts of her head because it was easier to carry around than the whole body at once.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Elentor posted:

Sephiroth was following the Jenova prime directives. Jenova infects planets, consumes them, and then moves on. Sephiroth took conscious control over Jenova cells but in the end he is just another vessel for the cells to do their stuff. They both infected each other but Sephiroth no longer has human interests in the traditional sense. He is not a nihilist and he doesn't want to rule a population.

Now you're making me question whether "Jenova"'s body is also an infected alien organism that just followed the directive of the parasite cells. :psyduck:

On another note, I'm really surprised SE never gave Jenova a voice. It works so much better like that and I hope they don't change it in the remake.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Rirse posted:

That probably will happen, since didn't Jenova have a few lines of dialog in 7?

Aa far as I know, she has only one line of dialogue in the whole game before a fight, and that might as well be Sephiroth talking through her.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

NikkolasKing posted:

I wonder if any other FF game would require so much clarification about minor details in order to make sense.

FFX maybe?

Yeah, X and VIII are the closest to that I'd say.

XIII and Type-0 as well, but for all the wrong reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Remake VII, resolve every battle with a children's card game Triple Triad.