Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Harlock posted:

FF1 was the first I played when I was really little, but I don't think I grasped most of it back then. I did rent FF4 a lot as a child, but never really got very far. It wasn't until FF6 that I really started to enjoy the series and like it so much back in the day. I remember the moment when I finally beat the Floating Continent (a task that eluded me for such a long time) and I thought I had won the game.. then found out there was a World of Ruin.

:aaa:

This is my experience identically. My family had owned the first one from when I was very young and I practically taught myself to read to play it prior to entering kindergarten (in addition to Dragon Warrior I & II, Crystalis) FF4 was impossible to find so I rented it until I was able to finish it and finally found it for purchase after the lifespan of the SNES. FF6 was the first time I went out of my way to buy a Final Fantasy and I really enjoyed it. The World of Ruin was a very unexpected twist considering the whole lighthearted good guys vs. the empire theme up until that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU